Question about heat...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we did...she had them in there...but tossed all of the hay like 3 or 4 times...

But she has settled down..and made a nest...

This is only her 2nd litter...so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not...

But we finally got her to accept the hay...and last I looked the babies were in the area where the card board is that I slipped under there...and they are warm...

So I think things are going to be OK...she was a great mom the first time...so I am just hoping that with her settling down...things will be ok...

Thanks

Christine

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO...She lost them all...

3 died all at once...then the 3 days following...one died each day...

The last 2 seemed fine...were fine an hour before they died...and then they were dead...

It is REALLY hot here...had to massage the does ears with ice...don't know if our having to go in her cage so much was part of the problem...but I didn't have much choice...

And she really seemed to like it...once she realized what I was doing...she would just sit there with her ears forward and let me cool her down...

So its back to the drawing board I suppose...we have 2 other doe that should be pregnant...but they don't get AS heated up as this one...

So hopefully things will be better...will see next month...

Thanks again all...

I'm so sorry to hear you lost them all. :( It sounds like it's the heat. Mine have been in a cool barn, with fans, frozen bottles...and the Flop babies still seem uncomfortable during the day.

So sorry to hear your loss of the litter. Heat does have a huge affect on bunnies. You can only do so much. Hoping success with your other does.

K

what I do is I keep a shaded place and fresh water at all times, also what you can do is wet a towel in cold water and then hang it over the cage and then put a fan that will blow against it (brings the heat right down).

Ice cubes in the water are great for cooling them down.

Latest posts

Back