question about hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlygirl

Reaction score
I recently got a new dwarf siamese sable/smokepearl mix. He seems to love timothy hay, I'm just wonderinghow much is safe to give him? Can he have it everyday?Every time I give him a handful heeats thewhole thing right away.My previous siamese dwarf wasn'tintohay, so I never really gave it to him. My newbunny is 3 months old - I don't want to make him sick. I'dappreciate any advice. Thanks :)

Andrea

Give him as much as he wants. The hay helps keeptheir systems scrubbed of hairballs, and this time of year with themolting, it's the best thing for him.

It's also great of his teeth and it'll keep him occupied. There's no limit as to how much they can have.

-Carolyn

You should feed unlimited timothy. It's greatfor their digestion. You can also try mixing in some brome, oat, andorchard grass. My bunnies live their mixture of Oxbow timothy andorchard grass.

Congratulations on your newbunny. Being 3 months old, heis still growing. He would love AlfalfaHay. You could feedthat as much as hewants. The extra protein and calcium will do himgood. You can feedunlimitedAlfalfa until he is 6 monthsold. Timothy hay is good also if you havenothing else.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back