Question about car ride bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargazerLily

Reaction score
I have heard of taking the buns for a car ride as a form of bonding that is usually safe. I'm guessing this means you have to have them in the same carrier, correct? How long of a car ride should it be? Orion and I are going back to the humane society tomorrow to do another play date with two of the girls we looked at on Thursday (and maybe a different one if they have anything new), and if all goes well, we will probably be bringing one of the girls home with us. I thought maybe I could use the car ride home as a bonding session, but the drive is roughly 90 minutes (or longer). Is that too long for them to be together? Since I will be driving, I obviously can't keep my eyes on them the whole time, will they be ok if they are in the same carrier? Or should I just have them in two seperate carriers and try to place them side by side (which is difficult with the carseat in the middle)? Any input would be wonderful!

Yes, car rides are a great way to do a bonding session, but since you cannot supervise them, just use separate carriers to start.

Then, at the rescue, you can have a date and watch their interactions. If they are both spayed and neutered, it would be okay to do a bonding session on the way home, if they aren't, it's likely that this won't go all that well and once they are both spayed/neutered, the bond will be broken and you'll have to start over with bonding them.

If the are both fixed on the way home,they should just snuggle, as this will stress them a bit.Then when you get home, just take them out and separate them. End all dates on a good note;).

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

I took two of my rabbits for a car ride last night. Actually Goobie needed to see the vet for a URI. I took Peter along to keep her company. They were in separate carriers close together on the backseat. They did very well.

Back