Question about baby bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren

Reaction score
Hi!! I was wondering what I should do...

We kept one baby out of the first litter that is now 10 1/2 weeks old. Well I'm worried he will try to mate with her soon and we dont want that!! I plan on fixing him and her but its to early for him and I would like to give Carmella a couple more weeks before fixing her since she had two litters back to back, I hate to separate them since he is so bonded to his mama hencehis name Mamas Boy :)

The new babies are 6 weeks old..

When should I take him away from her??

You would be best to seperate him just now lets him get used to life on his own. his hormones can start kicking on from around 12 weeks and if he tried to get dominant then it could hurt one of teh younger babies. WHy not put him in a cage close by that he can still see her :)

My first rabbit Coco had also two litters back to back like in your case. i brought her in as soon as the second litter were weaned at around seven weeks or so. I don't think there is any harm to get her spayed as long as she is not feeding anymore and her milk has dried up. Of course if you feel she is too weak that's another issue.

Latest posts

Back