Question about a pregnant rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashiahouse

Reaction score
I pulled somewhat of a rescue move and bought 38 rabbits this past weekend. They're Lionheads...well, some of them I'm convinced are full Lions..some..not so much. Anywho, that's not the point. I palpated the only doe that came without kits in tow..just to make sure she wasn't expecting..and she is..and I'm clueless about how far along she is..and that worries me..SO..my question is..would it stress her too much if I were to bring her indoors for the rest of her pregnancy after she's been an outdoor rabbit her whole life? I just really wanna keep a close eye on her to make sure I don't miss any complications or anything.

I think she would be fine being indoors even though she has lived outdoors. She might actually be happier. If you where you I would deff. bring her indoor so you could watch her. Thats what I do with all the rescue bunnies I think might be pregnant, they come inside so I can make sure the babies make it.

Okay. I had a baby in here last night keeping an eye on her and my dogs reacted A LOT better than I thought they would. My Chihuahua is curious, but he doesn't bite..just smells around and licks..which the cage set up that I have in here is 5'x5' so she's got plenty of room away from him. Another random question, since it's late tonight, I can't get out to get litter or a litter box..any ideas for a makeshift one for the night?

I have had rabbits get calmer and happier from coming inside and had rabbits get agressive. It all depends. She should be fine though. I perfer to bring them in 10-7 days before their due date if I am planning to bring them in. I have brought them in right before and soon after they have kindled with no problems. The size and fact they did not feel to have heads I figure they are 18 days or so along. But I would give her a box right now anyway.

She has a huge scratch on her back..it makes me wonder how they were housed before I got them..it's healed up, and scabbed over..poor little girl. =[

Do I need to cut the newspaper up or will she do that herself? I know they LOVE to tear it up..but I didn't know since it was going to be a litter box.

Okay! *makes her a house* I thought I'd have to beg Kevin but I guess he saw the concern in my eyes...like last night, I wasn't giving up until he let me bring the baby in the house for the night.

Okay, I brought the doe in last night and she hates me..like outside, she'll come visit me, climb on me..the works..in here..she stomps and lunges..lol

So, does that mean she really is uncomfortable in here or should I give her a little time to warm up?

I like said, some become agressive when they come inside. Not all rabbits are happy inside, like not all cats or dogs are. I say let her settle in a few days but who knows, she may still hate it. A peice of advice though - when she lunges pet her. If she dislikes you touching her she will stop lunging becauses it creates something she dislikes. With Becca I pick her up, but your girl being pregnant means that is probably not the best ideal since you may be having to do it many times a day.

I have her cage set up next to my bed..I pet her everytime she'll come around me, even if it is by lunging..she seems to be warming up..she climbed up on the bed and sat on my shoulder for a few minutes..then she started stomping again, lol

I converted my closet into a house for the bunny for the next bit that she's indoors. It's much bigger than the cage she was in, and she loves it..she's warming right up..even comes to me now! She still stomps and lunges..but she's getting there. Here's a photo of her sitting on a pillow in her house.

rsxa3n.jpg

&here's a picture of my puppy that I just took..I thought it was cute and thought I'd share..since I don't have anyone else to share it with, lol

24npt7d.jpg

lol, he's dumb. he's not really a puppy anymore..he's like a year old..but he's like two inches big. I got hay all over my stupid carpet..then when I went to vacuum..the belt in the cleaner broke..so I guess I have dirty carpet for the night.

A makeshift litter pan can be made out of any box, lined with a plastic bag if you can, or not if you don't mind, or a baking pan. In fact, if you have a bunny that's a litter box thrower, a heavy glass baking pan (9" by 12" or the like) can be a good option.

Latest posts

Back