Question abour moving kits.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Female Flemish Giant just had a litter of 7. In the nestbox the babies are
seperated into 2 piles. 1 pile of 3 kits at the back of the box under a whole
bunch of fur, and 1 pile of 4 at the front of the nestbox with very little fur around
Them. The kits at the front are moving around more, but all 7 are warm to the touch. The room they are in is 74-77 degrees f. I should mention the nestbox is a little small 18x18x12high. Should I place the 4 kits from the front in the back or just leave them be?

I like keeping our kits all in one place because they'll be more inclined to stay together, staying warm. I have this phobia of the mom stepping on newborns at the front of the box while getting in so I settle them towards the back where they're more protected. We've had a couple get stepped on by accident because they were under the hay/hair where mom didn't see them. It's not a big deal where they are once they have a coat of fur on them and they're a little bigger.

The kits in the back are well covered so I will move the 4 kits back.
I am slightly concerned that the mother may not see all the kits under that
fur in the back. Should i fully cover them or leave partially exposed? Once again as of now
it is 76f in that room.

Thaks

Back