Quesion about mini rex teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Mountain Rabbitry

Reaction score
ok so my friend Taylor bred her Opal doe to a broken blue buck that another breeder had. She sent me this email:

"All of my kits teeth butted and i was freaking out. I e-mailed my 4-h leader and she told me mini rex kits bottom jaw tend to grow faster than the top. 2 of them straightened out there teeth the other one still needs some work. we'll see"

What I'm wondering is, is this true or is there a problem with the new buck?

She has had two litters out of this doe from another buck with no problems. I also have mini rex kis and all their teeth look fine.

Also if this is true would it cause the teeth to come in wrong?

I am having her send me pics of the teeth

Thank you

Crystal

Is there a chance you can look at the buck? Check his teeth over?

I honestly do not recall any of mines teeth ever being incorrect.

Honestly,look up Pam Nock on here. And PM her. She's an arba judge and will give you good info

He could be carrying a recessive gene for bad teeth that the doe also carries--that would lead to only their babies having bad teeth and each being able to produce normal teeth with a different partner. Bad teeth may be common in many mini rex lines, but that doesn't mean it's good to breed mini rex with bad teeth. I wouldn't pair that buck to the doe again, and I would try him with another doe (if his teeth look ok) that is unrelated to him or the original doe.

Latest posts

Back