Q about showing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
Ok, my question is: Say I have a chin Sr MiniRex buck, and I show him. He is either the only one, or the best ofthree or four in the class. This happened to me last time I showed,there are very few chins around here, and my buck was the only buck,but he beat out the two Sr does that were entered. Now, is he eligiblefor things like BOB, and BIS? Or does the fact that the class was toosmall make him not eligible for those? I wasn't able to figure out whythe best ones out of the other varieties were set back in the coopsbehind the table to compete for BOB and the like, but mine never was,although in my own personal op he is as good as any of them.

This has happened to me occasionally with mychin's also. It really depends on the judge and if they feelthat the best of variety will be able to compete against the otherBOV's. The most recent show I was at one judge kept the chinup and the other said that the chin didnt need to be brought back upfor the BOB. It can be quite frustrating some times, but Iguess that gives us even more reason to work on improving our chins sotheir type and fur can compete with those of the castors, blacks, etc.Well this was just my opinion on your question. I also am inthe same boat about not always having other chins to compete againstbut I will never give up on them because I love the variety!:bunnydance:

You are absolutely correct. The reasonthe chin was sent back or not asked back for BOB is because the judgeknew that the chin could not beat what he had so far.Unfortunately, this happens in a lot of breeds. It doesn'tchange anything if all the BOVs were kept till the end. Thejudge knows what he/she likes the best so far.

Sharon

Oh, well that tells me I guess. I know my buckhas great type, but his coat is rough. I am gonna get him on the ShowBloom for a good month before I show him again, and see if he doesbetter. I love the Show Bloom, stuff works great. I have one of thisbuck's sons I am going to show the same day. I think his coat is alittle better than his sire's, the doe that he is out of has reallydense, great textured coat. Which is why I put them together, of course.

Latest posts

Back