Puzzzled!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid

Reaction score
I had Simon laying with me. Twice tonight, I had an old baby blanket of my daughters over my arm and a pillow with Simon on top of that. Wanted something under him incase he decided to pee on me again. The first time he started biting the blanket after snoozing and snuggling with me I figured he wanted to be set down. Nothing that time struck me as odd.
The second time he was snuggling with me, he started biting the blanket again, I walked into my kitchen and set him down on the floor in the play pen. He pretty much just plopped down and laid on his side. He didn't seem to care about anything. Kinda scared the crap out of me. He laid there for a few minutes and since has been up, drinking, nibbling his pellet, sniffing around and seems fine...
Just...freaked me out...

Anyone have some insight into this?

Sounds like you've just experienced what we like to call The Dead Bunny Flop! Scares the heck out of most people, but it's just a happy rabbit relaxing and stretching out.

Sometimes you'll get lucky and see a rabbit rolling around on it's back with great joy, like a horse might do when it's happy, then followed by the dead bunny flop.

Sounds like he's very happy!

NZminilops wrote:
Sounds like you've just experienced what we like to call The Dead Bunny Flop! Scares the heck out of most people, but it's just a happy rabbit relaxing and stretching out.

Sometimes you'll get lucky and see a rabbit rolling around on it's back with great joy, like a horse might do when it's happy, then followed by the dead bunny flop.

Sounds like he's very happy!

You know...I was afraid to say that...phrase it like that, but that is EXACTLY what it looked like...and boy it really scared the CRAP out of me. I was freaking out there thinking he was about to die! Than he just gets up and is like whatever...and starts playing again...He is currently pretending to be a race car...lol

Well nice to know it is a "happy" thing lol...Though I could have skipped over the heart in my throat part...

Thanks for letting me know!

You know...

Part of me wonders if they are really happy or just enjoying scaring the crap out of us :pIt's hilarious how they look at you like you are insane for worrying. LOL "WHAT mom?! I'm just trying to sleep Geez!" :p

Latest posts

Back