Puzzled by New Bun...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunbinkie

Reaction score
Marina is a different "sort" of bunny I think. I haven't had alot of experience with bunnies but she sure seems like an odd ball...or maybe my other two are odd balls;)

Oliver and Merlin both love to run around the house, go outside, cause trouble ect. If given the choice Marina will justroam aroundin one spot, or stay in her house. If she can't get to her house when I let her out, she will sitat my feet and rub her nose on me until I pick her up and put her back in her house. Could this be because she was never was allowed to have"floor time" before?

She seems very dominant to me. Are most does like that? Will spaying her help? I plant to get that done anyways but I was just wondering on others' experiences with spaying and reduction of dominace issues in does. She thumps all the time (seemingly for no reason) and chins EVERYTHING. She marks with urine too. Is the tipical of a doe? Merlin and Olie are boys and I never had issues with them.

-Kayleigh:?

Well, I have a VERY dominant neutered dutch boy, but I think dominance/submisivness is a function of each animal's personality, not a breed or gender specific trait. Also, maybe she's scared to run across a different type of flooring to get back home to her cage? My Muffin wouldn't walk across our hardwood floors for the longest time--we had to force her to walk on them so she could get used to them. She'd go anywhere we had rugs down, but not on the floors. Some bunnies are more adventurous too.

Kayleigh, haven't you just had Marina for a few days and didn't she come from a shelter? Rory came from the animal shelter and it took him two MONTHS before he started to come out of his shell! Like Marina, he wanted to hide in his Pepsi box (which he still has) a lot and didn't know what to do with himself when he was out of his cage. Then one day he took off zooming around the room and binkying like crazy. He's been with us for 8 1/2 months now and he's doing so well! He's still not pleased with Skyler's presence and isn't as cuddly with me as he was before Sky came home, but I think he'll get over it. I'll bet if you just give Marina more time to settle in, she'll surprise you!

Yeah.... You're right Snowyshiloh. I guess I am expecting too much too quick. Marina really has relaxed alot since she got here, and is getting better everyday. I got Oliver and merlin when they were 8 weeks old...and they weren't scared of anything, lol- moved right in like they owned the place. Marina is a bit older, so I think that may have something to do with it. I was rushing the poor girl:(

Haha, yeah tonyshuman she hates the tile flooring. Loves loves loves the carpet and bed though (so much that she peed on it). She slips and slides acrossthe tilefor abit before she gets the hang of it every time I let her out. It's not funny but I have to giggle at her cause she looks so cute:D

bunbunbinkie wrote:
She slips and slides acrossthe tilefor abit before she gets the hang of it every time I let her out. It's not funny but I have to giggle at her cause she looks so cute:D

I put self adhesive tile in my buns NIC pen and the first time he was on this flooring he jumped around as if it was white hot.. Then w/in 5 minutes he figured out that he could run and sssssllllliiiiiiiiiiidddddeee across the tiles- and now has the BEST time doing this when he gets bored in his NIC pen.. Cracks me up and must get this on video to post..

He also has knocked off whatever towel, blanket I put on his upper shelving units of his NIC pen, he preferes the actual caging floor on one side and the tile on the other.. Go figure..

juliew19673 wrote:
bunbunbinkie wrote:
She slips and slides acrossthe tilefor abit before she gets the hang of it every time I let her out. It's not funny but I have to giggle at her cause she looks so cute:D

I put self adhesive tile in my buns NIC pen and the first time he was on this flooring he jumped around as if it was white hot.. Then w/in 5 minutes he figured out that he could run and sssssllllliiiiiiiiiiidddddeee across the tiles- and now has the BEST time doing this when he gets bored in his NIC pen.. Cracks me up and must get this on video to post..

He also has knocked off whatever towel, blanket I put on his upper shelving units of his NIC pen, he preferes the actual caging floor on one side and the tile on the other.. Go figure..
hehe! I used to live in an apt with a loonng wood floor hallway, and Tony used to do his bunny 500's down it, slide and crash into the wall at either end, turn around, and run back down the other way!

Latest posts

Back