putting two females together

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owensdow

Reaction score
hi i have two female rabbits not housed together one is 11 months old lion head and the other is 9 months old lop lionhead (both are unfixed). they can see each other and don't seem to bother, i am hoping that i will be able to get them to bond and live together and am after some tips on introducing them any feed back will be much appreciated

I have two females that are bonded. They were bonded at 4 months of age and were spayed within days of showing hormonal attitude. They were spayed the same day and never lost their bond.

At the age that your bunnies are, I would get them spayed and give them 4-6 weeks before trying to bond. Female/female bonds are not always the best, but they can work.

Definitely spay them. I think your chance of a long lasting bond if they aren't spayed is close to zero. If they are spayed, you have a great chance of it. In my opinion, pretty much any fixed pair can bond - some just take a lot more time and effort than others.

Latest posts

Back