Pumpkin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
i was wondering about giving rabbits pumpkin, how much? i have a netherland dwarf mix, she is 8-9 months old and weighs 3 3/4 lbs. We just had her spayed and she was wearing a e-collar becuase she took her stitches out and they put in staples. So having a collar on for 10 days (i tried taking it off on several occasions but she went right for the staples every time) she was not able to groom herself and there is alot of loose hair and i am afraid of her ingesting so much and getting a hairball so i was wondering about giving her pumpkin and how much i should give her? is there a limit that i should give her, or she should not get it everyday or something like that????

TIA

PS i am also looking for a girl name for her, since when we got her they told us she was a he, until i went to get HIM nuetered, and found out that HE was a SHE,lol. So Oliver doesnt sound right for a girl bunny

Hi, I give my babies pumpkin every 2 - 3 days. They get1 - 2 teaspoons each, they absolutely love it. Make sure you get the pure pumpkin not the pie filling one.

Why don't you name her Olivia it's close to Oliver. Do you have any pictures of her, I'd love to see them.

Susan:bunnydance:

the can was in the baking isle of the supermarket and it does say 100% pure pumpkin. she loooovveess it, i gave her some to get her to start eating after surgery, after we got her home and it was a big hit, i just didnt want to giver her too much.

These pics are the day after the surgery, the first one she is mad at me for putting

clothes on her, and the second one she is trying to eat the clothes off ,lol.

i was trying to come up with ideas to keep her from eating out her stitches ,

which ultimately didnt work and we had to go with the cone idea

HPIM0980.jpg

HPIM0979.jpg

I like Olivia!! And she looks adorable in clothes!

When you give pumpkin, just make sure that she doesn't have any intestinal or digestive upset, because pumpkin is a natural laxative. But it is a great treatment for hairballs or constipation!

She's beautiful, is she a Dutch rabbit? Her colouring is lovely. I love the outfit, but then I love Piglet from Winnie the Poo (I actually have a tattoo of Piglet and 2 bunnies)

For some reason all my babies are white the next one I get really must be a different colour. LOL

Glad to hear she likes the pumpkin. I freeze the remainder of the pumpkin in little containers but always make sure I have acan handy in case they get an upset tummy. It's the only thing Buttercup would eat about a month ago when his tummy was upset.

Susan:bunnydance:

i dont know what kind of rabbit she is i was told she was a Dwarf, when i got her that is all they told me about the kind of rabbit she was. the vet office put on her records that she was a netherland dwarf?????? when i first got her she was a Buff color and white and everytime she sheds she is starting to change colors, now she is patchy and getting grey on her.

Latest posts

Back