Pumpkin is back from the vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom

Reaction score
Hi All....Sorry I have been among the missing for the last couple of weeks. Our senior bun, Pumpkin, has been under the weather, and I've kind of been a basket case. She had her vet appointment, and the diagnosis is probable arthritis in her hips. She's between 8 and 9, which I know is pretty old, especially since we're pretty sure she's at least part Rex, and I've heard that their lifespan isn't quite as long as other breeds. Anyway, the vet said that she looks good, and that the issues she seems to be having are probably linked to arthritis. He gave me Metacam to give her, BID, 0.6mL. Wish us luck in giving it to her! Thanks for letting me share!

Hey there.

My girl Muffy was an arthitic bun. She had knee arthritis. There's nothing you can do other than Metacam and ensure they have comfy blankets or a bed in their cage at all times.

Hope your bun is going to be ok!

Aww poor Pumpkin girl....goodluck in giving Pumpkin her meds...i hope she takes it like a good girl.

You guys are definitely in my thoughts

:hug:hugs to you because i know how worried you must be

Cheryl

Latest posts

Back