Puck's First Day in Heaven

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I just wrote this and I'm posting it here along with in Puck's thread on the rainbow bridge area. I know some folks who loved Puck have already posted in his bridge thread and may not think to check it again....

His bridge thread contains the "A Day in the Life of Puck" which captured his character so well. Here is the "sequel"..

Puck's First Day in Heaven

?? pm - Arrival - hop and binky and jump into the lap of this guy named "Buck Jones" who rubs my ears and pets me and tells me he's the "big kahuna bunny"

Look around for Tiny

Run around and play some more

Peek around a bush at a big black rabbit - trying to decide if its Tiny

Get knocked over by GingerSpice as she comes running up and jumps me from behind

Play chase and pretend breeding with GingerSpice

Keep checking behind back for Tiny

Meet R2D2 and play dodge with R2 and GingerSpice

Find a hay field and start munching

Fall asleep and dream of home

Wake up at the sound of approaching rabbits and hop away in case its Tiny

Get a drink from the stream and go talk to the Buck guy only to see GingerSpice snuggled up in his backpack type thing he wears

Jump & binky to get GingerSpice to come play
Find some cute girls and chase them

Chase a butterfly

Look around for Tiny

Talk to some cute young girls about wry neck and how much better I can hop now - demonstrate a few binkies

Flirt with a really cute doe

Look around for Tiny

Ask GingerSpice when suppertime is....and follow her to a big big field filled with all sorts of vegies and grasses and hays

Look around for Tiny

Follow GingerSpice as she gets a brief sad look in her eye - and follow her to a bridge....

Almost fall in the water while staring into it with GingerSpice and watching Tiny cuddle with mom and the other bunnies

Shed a single tear into the water - and then nip GingerSpice and dare her into a game of chase

Look around for Tiny one last time.....and then take off chasing after Ginger...

Tiny will come someday....till then, Puck can play without any more lectures!

Oh, that was such a pleasure to read...what a cute day in the life of a bridge bunny.

How are you doing?

What a cute story :D I'm sure that's exactly what he's doing right now.

It almost seems to me sort of like a small children's book....and I saw in my head all the light pastel watercolor illustrations as the pages were turned with each short line.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful short story :)

~Diana and Butter

I'm glad you folks like it.

It sort of fits w/ the first story "A Day In The Life of Puck" because he kept getting into trouble and having to face Tiny.

So I sort of picture Puck up in heaven doing something he suspects he shouldn't do - and turning around and watching to see Tiny come up behind him to lecture him on how to behave.....only of course - Tiny isn't there...

and so...he finds he misses Tiny....

Peg

P.S. Tiny is already googling Puck's gal Jenny and I've told him "no....she is not a harem rabbit". He's all alone as Popcorn had to be caged for attacking the cats and dog and even us at times. Miss Bea took herself back to the rabbitry (on her own) .... so Tiny is trying to figure out who to have as a friend.

What a heart warming story Peg,it actually brought a few tears to my eyes

Big hugs to you :hug:

Cheryl

That's so beautiful, Peg! I love to think (and do wholeheartedly believe) that our bunnies who have made that journey do exist in spirit, free, full of life, and happy...no longer with any worries or fears or malfunctioning bodies. You've painted a wonderful picture of Puck, of Rainbow Bridge, and of the amazing time he must be having with his friends. It is such a comfort to know that Buck is there watching over our beloved companions who are so missed down here...and just imagine the reception all of us will have when we finally seek out the Bridge as well.

What a time will be had then! :)

That was amazing. I love it. He can go look for a big gray bun instead.

That was so sweet! It made me want to cry :bigtears:.

I didn't know Puck but he sounds like he was a wonderful bunny *hugs*

Here is the first page to the book. I had some free time this morning and after reading the story I really wanted to put something together. I'm not the best at photoshop but I try.

Puck_edited-2.jpg

Oh wow - that is so neat.

For those who don't know - I put GingerSpice and Tiny in the story because GingerSpice and Puck were both young at the same time and it was his chasing of her (he loved to play and she was so shy) that caused Tiny to 'adopt' Ginger as HIS gal and he became "The BunFather". Since GingerSpice has passed on to the bridge.....it only seemed natural for her to come up behind Puck and play. I also brought in R2D2 because he and GingerSpice were very close when they both were ill and I could picture them being "best buddies" up there at the Rainbow Bridge. So of course, Ginger would bring him along to meet Puck and play.

In case you want to continue the book - here are pictures of GingerSpice and Tiny...

and now Tiny

Thinking about those times now makes me sort of chuckle. That Ginger- she had Tiny wrapped around her little paw. All she had to do was come running to him and he would stand up and whoever was chasing her would back off 'cause they knew Tiny was her protector. But it makes me wonder....did she somehow tease the boys once she got a bit more confidence?

Puck was a hoot from the very beginning though -he feared nothing (even tried to take on the vacuum cleaner one day when Art was using it). I am sure he drove Ginger nuts...

Peg

we3pnuts wrote:
Here is the first page to the book. I had some free time this morning and after reading the story I really wanted to put something together. I'm not the best at photoshop but I try.

Puck_edited-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back