Proud mama of two baby boy bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krystalily

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was referred here by spacemonkey from catform.com. I was surprised with two boy bunnies for Valentine's Day!

Here is a picture of them along with my cat, Andi, looking in atthem.My husband is looking at them toolol.
bunnies1.JPG

Of course, they were nameless for a while, but he suggested perhapsnaming them Spazz and Jazz. One of them spazzes out often and is waymore curious than the other one. The other one is laid back and calmabout most things.

I have no clue how old they are or if they both indeed are boys so weare looking into some local vets in the Ann Arbor area to get themchecked out. It has been suggested to me to not have them have the pinebedding, but since that is all we have right now (and hubby got a lotof it) we'll use it up before using something else. Also I heard wewill have to get a bigger cage for them as they grow and I am fine withthat.

I just want to treat the bunnies as well as we treat our Andi Kat!We've been handling them daily so they get used to being picked up andpetted. My parents had bunnies before and my dad said they just wentwild and would bite and scratch at whatever would come near them. So weare trying to see if handling them daily and spending some time withthem works. Andi Kat won't leave them, she is so enthralled with them.She sniffs them often and tries to lick them but we won't let her lickthem because we are scared she will bite them or something.

Sorry for the novel! I just wanted to introduce myself!

Plus, not the best one of me, but here is one of me holding one of the bunnies:

mebunnies.jpg

I think they are mini lops? Could I be wrong in thinking this? LOL! i am such a noob when it comes to bunnies.

Hello there, welcome to the forum!!:welcome1

Your lops are very cute!!:inlove: I won't talk about breeds thoughbecause I'm guessing you are located in the US and lop names are alldifferent in the UK and US!

Though I'm sure another member will be happy to help, if you make apost in the Rabbitry section of the forum you will most likely get agood answer:D

And don't worry about not knowing alot about bunnies, you will learn a lot here:happydance

Hi there and welcome!

Im from Michigan as well. I am from the Flint area, but I volunteer ata rabbit rescue in Plymouth, MI so if you ever need help with anything,let me know. If you go to their website(www.rabbitrr.org) they have a listof recommended vets in the area. There are some really great ones whodeal with rabbits.

They look pretty young, but you will want to have them sexed as soon aspossible. Boys can impregnant a doe as early as 8 weeks so you want todo this soon :)

A really great bedding for rabbits isYesterdays News catlitter. Or any woodpellet horse bedding litter you can find.Wood stove pellets work as well.

For a bigger cage, have you seen the NIC condos and pens people build?Theyre actually made out ofa type of shelving, but theyrevery easy to make and so cheap.Heres a link with pics andmore info: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15348&forum_id=1

Anyway, feel free to look around. Theres so much info here in our library for new bunny parents.

Again, welcome!

Haley

Hi there! Welcome to Rabbits Only!

I can't wait to hear all about your Spazz and Jazz...so cute!! :D

Feel free to browse around our Library at the many different resources we have to offer! :)

Hugs!

Rosie*

Hello! Welcome!

Thanks guys! I am very excited! I am alreadystarting to spoil them and am dreaming of the day that I can make a NICcondo for them lol! :inlove:

I think I am going to post more pics in a blog I will create. Hope you all will come visit!

So much fun! I just did it and it is awesome to see them in it. They love it.

hello & welcome our family also got a bunnie for Valentine's Day

( we could not wait until easter :tongutwo:)

our bunny's name is cocoa

your boys look very sweet

You're bunnies are precious! So cute, I love dark coloured lops.

They could be holland or mini lops depending on how big they grow and how they look as they get older.

You will do a fantastic job with them, I can tell ;). And having thisforum available will really help too, I only wish I had been able toget online when I got my first rabbit.

A big warm welcome to you :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back