Protein issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabb1tmad

Reaction score
Hey guys.

According to the fosterer my new little Leo was quite underweight when he arrived with them. He was being fed Allen & Page which I believe is 23% fibre & 12% protein. The fosterer changed him to Science Selective - 19% fibre & 14% protein. Leo is only 4 months old soshould he be getting more like 16% protein? He also needs to put a bit of weight on but I don't want to change his food to a junior one only to change it back over again when he's a little older. I just don't want to upset his stomach.

So, I was thinking about using Readigrass as a supplement as it's really high in both fibre and protein and should help to bulk him up. Questions - where in the UK can I get this without paying the same amount for delivery as the readigrass itself? If I find some I know I'll have to introduce it slowly but what is the most amount I should give him. Or does anyone have any other ideas?

I'd say just give him alfalfa hay along with his grass hay. I don't know about in the UK, but in the US it's easily available at pet stores.

Back