Protective male rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit_whisperer

Reaction score
Hi,If some of you know I have a nuetured 4 month old male himmi/mix also he's a rescue...

anyways I had him out the other day and my sisters rabbit claytonhumped his and bit him,then my rabbit ran over leaped at me landing onmy chest and as he did this I almost fell over.He jerked his headforwards whenever clayton would come towards me,I dont want a fight tohappen.I'm not sure what to do,But I can never get mad no matter whathe does,such as shredding a important picture.But he's my little moma'sboy.

anyways if any of Ya'll have tips or suggestions I'd really like it.

thanks,Jd,jack and perry.

thank you for the help,and I'm not trying to bond them but if they could at least not fight during playtime.

well anyways thanks for the help.

Unless they are bonded, two males will almost always fight. I would definitely give them separate play times.

Before my two boys were bonded, I couldnt even have them in the sameroom. Even now, if Mr. Tumnus comes up to the door where Basil and Maxare, they can smell him and they freak out (Basil will even turn toattack Max, his best bud).

I would just keep them away from one another, unless you are willing todevote all the time and effort into bonding. They could attackeachother and do some very serious (or even fatal)damage!

Hope this helps :)

-Haley

:yeahthat

If you want them to be able to play together, you have to read up onbonding and work on that. You can never put two rabbitstogether to play and expect them to be fine with it. They'revery territorial creatures. And if they're fighting, theycould get seriously hurt. Please be careful and goslowly! It's also very important to introduce them in neutralterritory where neither has ever been before. Otherwise theythink they own it and will fight to defend it.

Latest posts

Back