Proper rabbit diet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katnanw

Reaction score
I feed my rabbits 2 cups of vegetables (usually endives or watercress) a day and the bulk of their diet is hay (hey it rhymes lol). I only give them 1 1/2 cups of pellets which I split in the mornings and evenings, is that okay?
I put hay everywhere so they'll eat it. On their litter box (for potty training) , in toys, in wood gnaws hanging at the side of their cage and in a Timothy hay ball my cousin gave me. The bulk of the hay is timothy, but I do give them oat and orchard grass and occasionally if my cousin gets botanical hay I'll put that in their hay ball . That's okay right? :biggrin:
Oh and I give them baby carrots once every Friday evening and bananas every one Saturday in a month for treats .
Any ideas on how to improve this or am I doing okay ? :?

I think you are doing OK. Sounds like you have a nice balanced diet.

We all get nervous over what our bunnies eat and if they are getting the right nourishment.

K :)

Thanks :D yeah I'm a major worrier and I used to feed my cats stuffs that I cooked....without realizing its bad for them (I was 12) luckily they're strong and all and are still alive (thank goodness). I've read that rabbits aren't as strong as cats or dogs so I'm kinda panicky when it comes to my two babies :biggrin:

:yeahthat: Most pellets have a recommended amount for the weight on their bag. Don't remember the ration offhand as ours don't get nearly that much--mostly hay and veggies.

Latest posts

Back