Promax safe for bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyBunny ph

Reaction score
There's this bunny that was confined last week (not mine, someone who messaged the page asking for help, we're just guiding her). Bunny is got the okay signal to be discharged today. One of the take home meds was Promax which is said to be a probiotic.

The vet is an exotic vet and they usually prescribe Bene Bac to me. So I'm just confused if this Promax is safe for bunnies 'cause upon research, all I can find is that it's for cats and dogs. I'm also not familiar with the ingredients so I'm not sure if this is okay for a recovering bun

Link of the probiotic: Promax | VetPlus

The ingredients look quite similar to Benebac, making me think it's likely OK, especially if it's an exotic vet recommending it. The major difference looks like Promax's sole probiotic component is Enterococcus faecium, while Benebac's primary is Lactobacillus, with Enterococcus faecium as well. I don't see that as being a detriment as Lactobacillus doesn't naturally occur in rabbit gut biomes so ingesting it may not even have true probiotic effects. Both have the same prebiotic component (mannan oligosaccharides), which is likely more helpful for gut health, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back