Problems with partially litter trained baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so sorry in advance, because I can only imagine how many of these you get.

I have a flemish giant mix(not sure what the mix was). Their house is a 3 floor cage. Its quite large. Boo, our white little guy is 100% litter trained. Wherever you put him in the house, carpet, tile, his house-he always goes to the bathroom in the litter box. He is neutered.

Now we have Buzz who is a flemish giant mix with god knows what who I've manage to litter train on the one floor he is constricted to. As soon as you let him loose in the rest of the cage, he finds other places to poop(he does always pee in the litter box tho). If I try to let him loose on carpet, he just poops like nobody's business. He is neutered.

406872915.jpg

406872914.jpg

406872913.jpg

406872912.jpg

406872911.jpg

I have move the 2 large litter boxes to different places around their cage, but it only temporarely fixes the issue, until he starts pooping elsewhere. please help!

the pooping could be territorial marking. As long as he is peeing in his box that should be good. Does he do random pooping or just pooping EVERYTHING?

Does sound like territorial marking. Do you make sure to clean their pen really good where he leaves poop?

Also I notice there is a box on the first and third floor which one does he use the most and which floor is the most marked? Have you tried moving the boxes around to where he is most often marking or maybe even adding another box?

I have looked into maybe it being territorial pooping but its hard to know. I have 2 boxes because I have thought, like you also suggested to get more boxes and placing them in those areas he likes to poop into. It usually works but its temporary.

I have been moving those boxes around quite regularly in the hopes that he will stop? He was only just recently neutered(2 weeks ago), so its possible he might be adjusting to that? I honestly dont know what to do.

There is a specific box that he uses more than the other. They are both used equally.

I havent tried to really clean those areas where he has pooped to try to remove scent, so I will do that tomorrow and see if it helps.

Thank you so much for the suggestions, I am getting pretty desperate at this point.

Latest posts

Back