problems with catching bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a problem because my buns alwayscan get into their pens on their own. So I just feed themtheir veggies and watch the buns come running!:D

im going to have to have round 2 in about an hour with Daisy. shes been out all of today so she needs catching!

im going to try and fim some of it but it might be quite hard to see as it will be dark but ill give it ago!!

hee, fortunately mine haven't figure out the towel thing yet!

WOW! I thought domino was one of a kind:shock:inever knew so many other people had the same problem. When domino wasabout 8 maybe, i took him out of his cage and let him run around in our(used to be horse pen). He would run around and when it was time to gohome he would run really fast that me, my dad, and our land lordcouldn't catch him and it took over 1 hour to catch him.

Ollie is very good about me catching him.Whenever I let him out for a run, he'll just stop and stare at me.Occasionally he decides that he wants to run a bit longer, and he'llhop off, but he stops after only a few hops. I guess that's because Igive him a massage whenever he comes up to me, and he wants some more.He's willing to take the risk that he has to go back into his hutch ifhe gets a massage.;) Spoilt little bun.

ive gone through my method of catching Daisythen putting her back twice now. ill do it again tonight when she needsputting back but i really dont have time to be doing this every timeiput her out in the run.

im worried if i stop then she will get backinto her bad habits!

what doothers think i should do?

It sounds like what you are doing is good. IsDaisy improving? :) I have something to suggest aswell. It is basicallywhat you are doing, but just something a little different. Maybe justwalk into her run, and hold a treat in your hand. Hold it out to her,and allow her just to walk up to you and accept the treat. Then pather, and give her a little push to tell her to go out and play again.Repeat this until you can do it without treats, and just give her apat. Occasionally give her a treat, so she doesn't think that she won'tget a treat if she comes up anymore. Always pat her though. :) Then,you can sometimes pick her up, some times just let her run again.

Rach & Ollz.

Mikoli wrote:
Itsounds like what you are doing is good. Is Daisy improving? :) I havesomething to suggest aswell. It is basically what you are doing, butjust something a little different. Maybe just walk into her run, andhold a treat in your hand. Hold it out to her, and allow her just towalk up to you and accept the treat. Then pat her, and give her alittle push to tell her to go out and play again. Repeat this until youcan do it without treats, and just give her a pat. Occasionally giveher a treat, so she doesn't think that she won't get a treat if shecomes up anymore. Always pat her though. :) Then, you can sometimespick her up, some times just let her run again.

Rach & Ollz.
i think Daisy ahs improved slightly but its hard to tell!!

sounds like a good theory but i dont think daisy will come over to meeven if i do have a treat and if she did once shes got the treat in hermouth she will run for it then eat it away from me. ill give it a trynext time she is out!

any other suggestions?

ive seen a big improvmnet over the last weekwith Daisy's behaviour! i can now wlak up to her most of the time inehr run and stroke her and then pick her up whihc is so much easier! :)

today while she was in the greenhosue she even hopped out to come andsee me whcih was quite a shock to me so i rewarded her with somepellets which is probabley why she came out because i ahd jsut pickedup the pellet container to go and put food for them during the ngiht intheir hutches.

i think about once a week i will keep doing the thign when i cathc herpick her up hold for a while then put her back to make sure this isnt atempory thing and she remembers that being picked up is a good thing asshe gets food once she has been caught and put away. what do you think?

we've gone back in time!!

Daisy ran away from me tonight!

i had to corner her to stroke her then i walked away. next tiem i tiredi think i surprised her by pretending to be a huge bunny and eggnoringher then i got clsoer and close to her then stroekd her!!! lol

i ended up ahve to catch her stoke. put her back a few times but then i had to coem in so im not sure it was really worth it!!

and ideas as it seemed to be working and now it isnt? is it jsut a day off or did somthing else trig this?

This may sound strange but Cadbury is (usually)trained by a bell. My boyfriend started to ring a bell every time sheentered her cage, usually at night when she was being put away. After afew weeks, we could ring the bell and stand next to her cage- she wouldcome running and we would give her a treat. We had tried to just gether to come home when we stood near her cage but that only worked ifshe could see us. But with a noise, she can hear us if she's down thehallway or in the kitchen.
If she's too excited, she tends not to pay any attention but most of the time, it works!

thanks for the help everyone

the bell idea sounds goud but i have to lift Daisy out of the pen so ifshe was to hop home of me carry her and from the green hosue she wouldhave to hop nealry one side of the garden to the other which wouldnt bea problem cept that she would probably take too long and get distractedall the way!!! lol

Latest posts

Back