Problem with

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love4bunnies

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to get my Mini Rex doe bred with my buck(in picture)but he just sat there.Wasn`t interested at all so i checked him and he only has one testicle fully dropped but the other one is very small and doesn`t look developed.

Will it develop and drop? Not sure of his age.

Please help as he is my Tri buck.(in picture)

Rabbits have the ability to retract their testicles, so you might just being seeing one that was temporarily pulled up.

Although a rabbit can reproduce well with a single testicle, cryptochism (undescended testicle) is a genetic trait and afflicted bucks should not be used in a breeding program.

Are you able to actually palpate the smaller testicle, or is only the scrotum visible?

It's difficult to answer your question accurately without seeing the condition, but it is unlikely that the condition of the testicle is related to his disinterest in breeding.

Pam

Thank you for answering me.

My friend and i did palate it and it felt like a little small testicle in the sack.Lol if you know what i mean.

So are you saying that maybe they both don`t drop at the same time?

Or what else could it be that he is not interested in the doe.Even though i really don`t think she is right in heat.

I have never seen a buck not interested in a doe even if the doe is not right in heat :p

Could he still be young as my friend said that when she had him about 2 or 3 weeks ago his testicles were not even shown?

Thanks again.

PS-Next time my friend comes over will try to get picture to explain what i am trying to say.:)

He could be really young. I've seen the testicles come down a few days apart... and Pam is right, he could have just "pulled one up".

If he is young, he might not be interested as yet. Give him some time.

Yes that could be the case.

The people my friend got him from wasn`t sure how old he was or so they said.

I will send another picture of him.

Yes will give him another couple of months if i have to but even if he never breeds he is here to stay.

Thanks so much.I just have never had this problem before.:(

I am a member of Maritime Rabbit Breeders Assocation and don`t breed my rabbits very often.

Just a hobby breeder.

Here Is Mojo my boy.

He looks bigger in this picture then what he is.

Picture.jpg

He's a very handsome Tri! I hope he lives up to his name!

love4bunnies wrote:
Or what else could it be that he is not interested in the doe.Even though i really don`t think she is right in heat.

Rabbits do not go into heat. They are induced ovulators. If your buck is pretty young, that is most likely the reason he wasn't interested. He is gorgeous, BTW, I absolutely looove the tri's!

Holy goodness he is gorgeous! So is Missy! I don't think I have ever seen one lok like Missy!I love tris!

Latest posts

Back