Pregnant????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bre80Rai

Reaction score
So this is Lilly, my daughter and I found her about a month ago, I suspected she maybe pregnant after having her a week since she started pulling hair, but then she was pulling hair every couple days non stop....so then I thought maybe not, I came home from work today to find THIS!!!!! Her cage was a shambles and look! LOL (let me know what you think, pregnant, yes? could it be false? I made her a nesting box just in case.

PICT7785.jpg

PICT7776.jpg

She would not put it down!

PICT7788.jpg

Just pics of her:
PICT7413.jpg

PICT7414.jpg

She looks like she could be pregnant from the photos - I'd let her have lots of hay and her "box" you made for her and just keep an eye on her. If she knows enough to nest - she probably will have good mothering instincts.

If she's not pregnant - she will probably destroy the nest or start ignoring it.

Good luck - keep us updated.

Well, if you found her, than her chances of interacting with another wild or abandoned rabbit could be quite high.

You're doing the right thing however, in giving her a nest box, just in case. At this point, there really is no 100% way to tell if she is pregnant or just going through a false pregnancy without palpating her.

So, for the next few days, just make sure she has plenty of hay and nice stress free and quiet area to build a nest.

thank you for the info!
She and my other two buns are in a room all to themselves right now, so they have a nice quiet spot, this is all kind of sudden so I made a box with bardboard boxes, it looks like the next boxes you can buy only its not wood or anything, I have blankets in there and TONS of timothy hay, I buy in bulk at the feed store so no problems there, she bit me last night while I was feeding her LOL shes testy that one.

I will let you all know what happens! Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back