Pregnant with just one mating?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpybabies

Reaction score
Hey i believe sometimes things happen for areason, does anyone else? I have just been thinking about breedingrabbits with my boyfriend, but today an accident happened with 2 ofmine. This sounds really irresponsible sorry but it's the truth, i havehad one accidental litter with a rabbit, andtooday i forgotshe was out of her hutch and let a boy rabbit out to run around, iremembered just in time to watch the end before i could stop them, socould she be pregnant with one mating? She was in a corner of my shedso i couldn't see if she was willing or not, but if she is, i will copewith them, because she is a great mum and i have done tonnes ofresearch already, but what do you guys think? Is she, isn't she?

Yes it is possible for a doe to get pregnantwith just one mating. in fact that's usually all it takes but breedersusually mate the same pair two times with 6 hour differences to incresepregnancy and the amount of kits. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the reply, last time she was so keento have babies, she broke down her hutch door, so i think this mayaffect her being pregnant, i hope she is, my mum won't though lol

Could she be pregnant? Good chance. Is she pregnant? We'll know for sure in about 31 days.

You & I have already talked via pm and stuff about breeding(just not about this) - and I'll say here what I told you in PM.

You strike me as a very responsible person who will take care of boththe babies and the parents - to make sure they get good homes and thatthey'll get any medical care they might need.

You've done reading about breeding, etc. So no stones coming from me- if you have babies ....enjoy them!

Peg

P.S. I normally try to breed my does to the buck 3X in onesession....it gives me larger litters with smaller babies (or so I'vebeen told). Smaller babies = easier delivery for mom!

Thanks TinysMom it's nice to have a breederbehind me, and like i say i think this was meant to be as after Pam'sadvice i'm not going to breed the others! I am going to be a nightmareagain this month, i hate waiting lol!

I've only had 3 litters (and one I didn't breed, mom did) and they all took only one breeding.

Have fun and good luck with babies if you get them!

Thank you all, i'm more excited now, and it'seven better knowing i have a good mother bun, she still lets her babiesrun all over her, it's lovely!

Well, I don't give lectures on accidentalbreedings, it's the ones who think that thier mixed breed pet storebunnies would make cute babies that make me mad. Anyway, if Peg thinksyou're a responsible owner, I trust her judgement. So if you need anyhelp, let us know, we'll do everything we can. Enjoy the litter when itcomes, they will be a ton of fun!

Thanks GentleGiants i have had one litteralready and idid tonnes of research then, and asked loads ofquestions, so hopefully i will do ok again, last time i had 6 livebabies and they are all happy and healthy now, but thanks i will probask more questions again!

Meh, I kept the rabbit I was breeding whithBun-Bun for a few hours and after all that mounting - no results. ThenI kept her overight and they boomed all night - said to be pregnant,never saw the litter, though. It's hard for them to mate some times.Bun-Bun had a hard time getting his "thingy" in there, cause the femalewas very skittish of Bun-Bun.

My doe is a tart though, i know she likes tohave babies so i think she would be a more willing participant lol,thanks for that though i don't know what to expect, i think she probwill be!

Just in case any breeders this again, the doe is a broken black and thefather is a black magpie, will i get any magpie type colourings or willthey only come out broken?

That would be nice to know Tracey, is she showing any signs of being pregnant?

I don't know whether to make a new post for this or not, and for anyquestions i may think of, but i won't waste posts so my question is, isit true that the more pregnancies a doe has, the bigger the number ofkits there are? Because my doe had 6 last time, should i expect morethis time like 8?

grumpybabies wrote:
That would be nice to know Tracey, is she showing any signs of being pregnant?

I don't know whether to make a new post for this or not, and for anyquestions i may think of, but i won't waste posts so my question is, isit true that the more pregnancies a doe has, the bigger the number ofkits there are? Because my doe had 6 last time, should i expect morethis time like 8?

I don't think so, I have never seen anything like that with my own does.

Yeah, ironically enough, when you are wanting to breed, have a reallygood pair that will hopefully make really great show kits, then you cantry and try and nothing! When you have a couple of mixed breed petsthat you just haven't gotten spayed/neutered yet, two seconds togetherand wham! Six more bunny mouths to feed. *sigh*

This post has made me havea prophetic day(night) dream. I am going to have my giant bunny palace(If you don't know about it go to the NIC cages only thread). It isseperated down the middle and I have gotten a boy and girl at the sametime (Just my luck right). So I have been watching them for days andthey seem fine together. I get up to go to the bathroom. I sit down,and halfway through I hear something from the other room. I take off atan amazing sprint, cinsidering my pants are at my ankles and get to thecage to watch them finish off which happens to be the same time that myboyfriend brings his friends into the room because that is wheresomething he is looking for is. And he is laughing so hard. And I amjust standing there with my pants at my ankles staring at my bunnieswho have planned this out from the get go. And then I end up with 8more little bunny mouths to feed. And I can't get rid of them. I amseeing it. Right now. It is playing over and over in my head.... o.0
I hope I didn't scar you all,
RaE

P.S. The sad thing is that I am cracking up at the thought of it. I can only imagine....>.>

lol you're mad, but i will take it i'm expecting8 then! i will post if/when she has them. I was mean to a buck, thefather of my first litter today because i know she goes for him if sheis pregnant and she wasn't too pleased to see him today, i didn't lethim do anything, but it looks like she may be...

Latest posts

Back