Pregnant rabbit becoming hostile?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinfoilxtouch

Reaction score
As I've mentioned here before, my Mini Lop is about 2.5 weeks along. It seems that as each day passes, she's become less and less friendly toward me. Today I went to pet her (not even handle her!) and she actually bit me hard enough to draw blood! This is very, very out of character for her. Is this something normal? I'm worried how things are going to turn out with the babies if she keeps this temperment.

Some does do experience a change in mood. I had a couple that would become down right nasty right before they were to give birth. They calmed down a little after. I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Sharon

Dandy was moody as well while pregnant, but now that she has had her litter( even though it ws just today) she seems to have mellowed out again. I would sopose that it is like us, moody when pregnant.!!!!!

It will get better.

You need to remember that she is getting closer to delivery and so she is going to become more territorial. I think it is good when a doe gets like that because it usually means we'll have a successful litter.

Just know that she will most likely mellow out after she has her babies.

Peg

I've had does become complete angels and others become satan in fur. It has to do with those nasty hormones! My advice is to put her food and water dish on the door so you don't have to reach your hand into her cage and leave her alone until after she gives birth. Remeber too that being pregnant in uncomfortable and stressful,she may not always be in the best mood and may not want to be touched or talked to, she may be rather miserable, so try not to take it too personal.

Julia

Latest posts

Back