pregnant holland lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelylops

Reaction score
hello everyone, im new on here and just wondering about my rabbit. so she was accidently out while my male holland was out, they were out together for a couple hours we think. this would be her second litter and around day 14 i tried to feel her for kits and thought i felt something but idk. anyway today is day 31 and no babies yet! last time she had them early on her 31st day. she made a nest a couple days ago, is there any chance she is not pregnant? thanks!

i know she still could have them in the next couple of days but i was hoping she would have them today! lol is it true that they go longer if they have less kits in them? she had five last time.

UPDATE: she is pulling out her fur right now! i am going to leave her alone for another hour and then check on her and see if she kidded yet! will post pics!

no babies yet but im pretty sure she will have them today since she is pulling so much fur now! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404758454.033296.jpg

she just gave birth to five little kits! all alive and kicking! however i found them on the cage floor and mama was in the nest so i took them all out and warmed them alittle under a heat lamp untill she got out of the nest and i placed them in there :) ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404763701.348776.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404763708.949216.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404763722.425996.jpg

in her last litter the only kit that died was the smallest one, there is another small one in this litter and i was wondering if the runts always die?

No, the runts are often able to grow up and thrive like their siblings. :)

Those little kits are so pink!

pani i know! but they grow fur so fast! last time the little runt died after three days because it couldnt nurse
:( hopefully these ones all survive!

Our runt was half the size of the other kits in a litter of 4 and I thought for sure he wouldn't make it but 3 weeks on and he is alive and healthy, still half the size of his siblings though, maybe there was something else wrong with this other kit and not just size. Hope this litter thrives, they are so cute

bittybunny_harper thanks! they get cuter every day!

cookiesandcream wow thats crazy about your little kit! so glad he survived! i do think that there was something else wrong with the kit that died because when i tried to help him nurse he just couldnt attach to a teat to get any milk! thanks, i also hope they thrive!

HELP! i just went to check on the kits and the first one i pulled out i realized is missing a back foot! idk if it was born that way or if it got bit off or if it was from being born on the wire! does this kit have a chance at surviving or will it die from infection, will it be able to walk with a missing back foot?

Ohhh dear lovelylops, from my understandinga kit can live with only one leg but this is assuming nothing else is wrong with it, does it look chewed, I assume it would be red and look raw if it was or is it a smooth nub like it never developed.

I would make a new thread for this kit, to draw attention from people who can provide a thorough answer for you.

:pray:

It does look bitten off to me but i don't know much about it, yes make a new thread to hopefully get some other answers

Latest posts

Back