Pregnant Doe? Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyLou

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bred my rabbit twice on October 1st, and it is now the 29th. She hasn't begun building a nest or pulling fur, and I gave her the nesting box on the 27th. I'm worried she may have reabsorbed the babies because on the 2nd, I transferred her to a new location which involved a stressful car ride and new people. I always get worried when I frighten my rabbits, but do you think this would cause any interference with the kits? She is not a first time mom and I have seen her lying on her side once in awhile, grunting at me, and not exactly rounding out. Any advice/opinions?

Thanks xxx.

Majority of the does I have bred won't build the nest until right before birth. The move on the second shouldn't have done anything, as I have moved a doe 3 days before her due date and she did fine, but if you have a stressy doe, that could have impacted.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had a surprise litter born Sunday. She frantically built her nest a couple hours before and timing put her at day 35. Like someone else said sometimes they will just build their nest right before they give birth.

Thanks so much for your replies, but it's day 32 now and there are no signs of nesting from my doe. When am I safely able to rebreed her? Thanks!

If she hasn't had anything by day 34-35 and she has exhibited no signs of being pregnant, then re-breed. If you only bred her 2 times to the buck then I'd do 4-5x next time. You'll have a better chance of her being bred.

Back