Pregnant bunny enclosure

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashlie

Reaction score
I wanted to breed one of my dwarf rabbits and I was wondering how big the enclosure has to be when she has her babies and what kind of food should I give her.

How much does your rabbit weigh? If she is under 5 lbs we like to have no littler than 24" X 24" and if she is bigger than that she needs at least 36" X 36"

If she is going to be housed outdoors her cage needs to be off the ground. If it's indoors just make sure you can do easy cleaning because it will get dirty twice as dirty if not more and quicker.
We have our rabbit's in wire cages where the poop can drop into a pan that's changed and resting pads available.

As far as food she needs to be on pellets that are at least 15-16% protein. If her pellets aren't at least that then she will need to be supplemented with alfalfa hay. If her pellets are that and the first ingredient on the nutrition label has some form of alfalfa hay/meal as the first ingredient then any type of grass hay that you normally give is fine.

We will sometimes give extra things such as calf manna, rolled oats, black oil sunflower seeds, etc as well but that's not needed if she isn't used to getting things like that

Latest posts

Back