Pregnancies, babies and rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Hey all, it's been a while since I've lastposted here. I hear that some of you are pregnant, and RO asked for myinput as far as babies and rabbits are concerned.

First, congrats on all you ladies expecting. It's a long nine months,but I really enjoyed it and hope you do too. Ok, the last month feelslike all nine put together, but you get through it. :p

My baby is now three months old, and we have no problems with therabbits and her. They don't bat an ear when she cries, or even screams,or is playing on the floor close by their cage. Basically our threerabbits don't even seem to notice her.

As far as juggling time, let's face it, baby comes first. But by nomeans does that mean the rabbits get neglected. My husband and I makesure we spend plenty of time with the buns giving them loving. Theircage is in the living room, right by the couch, so even if we are busy,they're still right there with us.

So for those of you a bit worried about the big change coming, myadvice to you is: don't. Don't waste time or energy worrying about it.Just the fact that you're worried bodes well for your rabbits. If youdidn't care about them, you wouldn't be worried about them.

Oh, here is a picture of Ayla.

Aylabelly.jpg

What a happy looking baby!! I agree.. her eyes are absoultely beautiful!!

Just look at those eyelashes! :inlove:

Hi Stephanie

Alya is very adorable. Its so good that you are back.

I agree with your comments about babies and rabbits. The only problemthat we have is that when Arty started to crawl, the first place healways goes in the bunny's cage, so we had to put a gate between himand the bunny. But as he gets older we'll teach him to be nice to thebunny and that bunny's food is not human food:)

Hi Stephanie!!

She is so gorgeous!!! I'm one of the preggo ones!! Overall I'm notworried about the critters, we've always had animals and babies and itall worked out perfectly. This time I am a little worried because Mr.Wiggles and Bunny Foo Foohave such a high maintence coat.Sometimes it takes me the whole weekend to get them all sheared. I'mworried because I usually have really bad back pain later on inpregnancy, and it's already started with this one. I'm thinking aboutfnding someone who might not only shear them for me, but also be ableto use Mr. Wiggles coat. I know my vets office will do it, but it seemsa shame to just toss all the hair.

Megan

Thank you Stephanie. And what a beautiful baby!

One thing I'm wondering, is it hazardous for me to clean the litterbox when I'm pregnant? Or is that just for cats?

I have only heard that with cats.. Sure someone else knows for sure..

Cristy

Lissa wrote:
Thank you Stephanie. And what a beautiful baby!

One thing I'm wondering, is it hazardous for me to clean the litterbox when I'm pregnant? Or is that just for cats?

I asked my ob about that right away and she said it's fine. Istill tend to have Tim do it, but it is fine. :)

Lissa wrote:
Shoot! Then there's no way around it,eh? :D
I made my husband clean the litterbox, just incase. You can just say you are trying to be careful and can't clean thelitterbox

mskoala wrote:
you could always tell your husband that the smell makes youneaseous. And he wouldn't want you throwing up on thebunny! :shock:
:laugh:you're so evil!! lol

I hate being pregnant.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Here's me:

:bigtears::growl::sleep::tantrum::zzzzz:whatever:vomit:

Stephanie!

Look at that little beauty! Isn't shejust the princess!

Okay, enough about the baby... How's myChompers doing???

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back