pre Junior Mini Rex buck, Critque please !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Front Rabbitry

Reaction score

3 Month old black Mini Rex buck, he's the result of my first line breeding :) I'd like to hear some comments on him. thanks.

I don't like his HQ.... It looks choppy and undercut....

It also looks like he is a little long in ear....

Other than that, it's hard to critique with only one picture.

Yes I agree, I find his loin to be quite flat aswell. And yes he needs more fullness in his HQ. But the ears, he is only a junior I think he's going to grow into them :)

Very cute! Can you uncover his head and show a top and reiw view?

How is the density and texture of his coat?

Thanks Pam and RAL rabbitry. Yes I will get the pics for you tomorrow cause its raining today :p
He's still in his baby coat right now. So its hard to tell, but it feels like he has good density so far.

Hi everyone, I decided not to keep this little guy, because his fur isnt turning out the way I'd like, im keeping his brother instead who has much better fur and a similar body :)

Yes emily, he;s in his baby coat, witch is why its longer. and the lighting wasnt good either. but he lacks density and isnt going to have great fur. I can tell when I feel it compared to his brothers.

A baby coat should not look like this in a Mini Rex. I'm not going to lie, I would not keep a rabbit like this for my breeding program. I would invest in a better buck. It's going to save you more in the long run.

SilverBirchRabbitry wrote:
A baby coat should not look like this in a Mini Rex. I'm not going to lie, I would not keep a rabbit like this for my breeding program. I would invest in a better buck. It's going to save you more in the long run.
I agree. It just does NOT look like rex fur at all.

You can't tell fur from a picture on a baby. The guard hairs may be coming in faster than the undercoat and it will catch up. I always feel fur more than look at it.

Yeah definatly, and plus he was just starting a shed in this picture, which is why he has so many visible gaurd hairs.

:vacuum:

To quote Tiny'sMom...
"Here in the rabbitry we try to go a step beyond the forum decorum rules - we try to abide by "Thumper's Rule" - which is...

If you can't say something nice - then say nothing at all."

We return you back to your regularly scheduled Rabbitry Programming :biggrin2:

As a completely ignorant noob when it comes to rabbit showability, all I can add is that I would LOVE to snorgle that rexy fur!

Out of curiosity, what is it that you guys are seeing in this picture that indicates fur quality? How do you assess fur by photograph?

NorthernAutumn wrote:

To quote Tiny'sMom...
"Here in the rabbitry we try to go a step beyond the forum decorum rules - we try to abide by "Thumper's Rule" - which is...

As a completely ignorant noob when it comes to rabbit showability, all I can add is that I would LOVE to snorgle that rexy fur!

Out of curiosity, what is it that you guys are seeing in this picture that indicates fur quality? How do you assess fur by photograph?

I honestly can't explain it, I just had tons of baby rexes over the years and its just the way the fur looks.

AndersonsRabbits wrote:
NorthernAutumn wrote:

To quote Tiny'sMom...

I honestly can't explain it, I just had tons of baby rexes over the years and its just the way the fur looks.

To me, it personally looks too shiny...almost like the fur of a Satin. Even in the areas where the sun isn't shining on it, it looks that way. And it looks to long to be rex fur.

Emily

Latest posts

Back