Prayers/ Good thoughts for Saphira please - STASIS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Saphira is in stasis and her tummy feels big to me - but she is a big girl. I've given her a bit of pain meds and some gas meds...but she hasn't really been eating for a couple of days. I checked her cage tonight (we dumped it on Tuesday night) and there were just a very few teeny tiny poops in there.

Mind you - she's the one who usually licks her bowl clean practically - and she's not eating.

I did get her to eat some cilantro and some spring mix...and when I put her in her cage - I gave her about a cup and a half of spring mix and a few more pieces of cilantro and a baby carrot.

If she doesn't have more poops by tomorrow - we're gonna get a pineapple and try to get some fresh pineapple juice in her too.

She is drinking good and is very hydrated....she made sure I knew it by peeing on my comforter (fortunately - I have three of them that I keep on the bed for times like this).

I've handled stasis before - and she is alert and fairly active so I'm not too awful worried. My biggest concern is that she was shedding and might have a blockage...but I'm hoping the greens (and hay) will help it pass if that is it.

Good thoughts sent your way. I know you've dealt with this before, but wanted to put a plug in for some probiotic like Bene-Bac.

Thanks - I didn't even think of the bene-bac. I'll give her some in a bit.

She has about half a dozen new poops this morning - a bit bigger than before but not much. Still yet...poops is poops.

I'm gonna give her some more hay before I leave for work in a few minutes and hope she goes after it. She's very alert and she thumped at me this morning when I went to check her cage.

When mine are like that I do everythng that you're doing ,Peg but I also give pedialyte per syringe and the pineapple juice. I really do the liquids per syringe as a way to keep them really hydrated.

How is she doing; you started the stasis protocol early on soI hope that she will be OK

Latest posts

Back