Prayers for pidge please! (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnymommy76

Reaction score
Southern Suburb of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Please pray for my little pidgey. I gave him a treat this morning and it litterally went down the wrong pipe and he started chocking on it. I rushed him to emergency and they did an x-ray that showed that little bits of it were in his lungs. They put him on oxygen right away because he was having a hard time breathing, they also gave him a bronchial dialater to help him breath and he is also on anti-biotics. It killed me to leave him there, I feel terrible for giving him that treat. He was perfectly fine this morning and now he has aspirated pnemonia. I dont know what to do except ask for all of your prayers, I really don't know what I would do with out him in my life.
They are suppose to call with a update around 7-8 pm to let me know if i can bring him home or if he has to stay overnight.
Anyone ever deal with this before?, I am a emotional wreck, please pray for my little guy!
julie

I will keep him in my prayers and you as well. I know how heartbreaking these emergencies can be. I will be thinking of you and Pidge. Please update asap. (((((Bunnymom)))))

Keep the prayers coming!!! I just called to see how he was doing, they said that he was better and he is moving around the cage more. They were still concerned with the nasal discharge, although they said that that wasn't as bad either and he does seem to be breathing better but he's not out of the woods yet. compared to when I brought him in though he is doing better. I guess that is a bit of a relief, baby steps! I won't stop worrying until he is in my arms again though. I will post again once I find out if he can come home. Thanks for your prayers!

Prayers for you and Pidge - you hang in there, I really feel for you -these emergencies are hell:nerves1

Sorry it took so long to update, it was a long night!

When we went back to visit him last night, his breathing was very good, and the doctor said that she felt comfortable sending him home. She left him with us to visit while she wrote up a take-home plan for him, just that fast he had a seizure and they rushed him in the back right away and where he had another one. We dont know why he was having these seizures, they got him resting comfortble again and so I came home, obviously without my angel. About 1 am I couldn't sleep so I called over to see how he was doing, they said that he was sitting up, but he was breathing a little heavier. Okay so I go back to bed, 5 am the dreadful phone call came, he had another seizure that caused him to go into cardiac arrest. My baby is gone....

I just dont understand it, his lungs were much better, it went from a respiratory problem to a neurologic one, the vet herself was stumped, I just don't understand, my heart is breaking in a million pieces.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers

I guess my baby went to the bridge, his mommy is a mess. I can't sleep i cant eat, I just keep thinking about him and crying, trying to figure out WHY!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wonder if a necropsy might shed some light as to the cause of Pidge's death. I know most people won't consider that but it may help the vet understand what happened as well.

I am so sorry ((((Bunnymom)))). I wish there were something I could say to make this better but I know there are no words that can. I hope Abby greets him and welcomes him.

How terrible and shocking. Poor little guy went downhill so quickly. I know you were doing the very best for him, but something went wrong. It's possible that he wasn't really improving but hiding his pain, as rabbits tend to do, and the seizures were from an overload of pain more than he could handle. You did all that you could for him. What a sad ending to his happy life with you and Wrigley.

Latest posts

Back