Pray for Fiver & Trixie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys...I didn't want to publish this in the general section and scare Denise about Trixie, so I thought I would post here, asking for your prayers and such...

Fiver's Issue:

A few days ago, Fiver got one of his toes caught in the wire mesh covering his ramp. I've been watching him, and found him to be hopping around just fine. He just looked like he scared himself a little...but was otherwise okay. No blood, no flopping toe, no funny hopping.

Well last night, he was all stretched out, legs behind him, and I noticed his toe looked funny:

100_1124.jpg

So, I'm going to have it checked. Like I said, no funny hopping, or less hopping and/or movement than usual...so no other indicators of a problem or of him being in any pain...but I want to be sure his little toe is okay.

Now, as far as Trixie:

I pet her the other day, and noticed that the crown on her head feels funny, a little fluid-ish. I've noticed little bumps, just two or three and the size of a freckle, on each ear, but I SWEAR that I asked Denise about them, and she said that she'd had them checked, too, and her vet said they were fine. The only problem is, they get a teeny bit scabby, then go away, and more form (just like three at a time), so I'm going to get both things checked out to be SURE there's nothing wrong. No real indicators of a problem with her, either. She's eating fine, and everything else. She'll itch her ears every now and then, but no more than the other buns (which is the usual tickle-in-the-ear itch, nothing often, nothing abnormal), so it wasn't anything to take into consideration.

So, they're both going in on Wednesday. I wish it were sooner, but I just noticed these things Thanksgiving night (when they were closed), and called yesterday, and they were booked for Monday, and only one of the two bun-savvy vets were there (one on vacation), and she works Mon-Wed-Fri, so I had to wait until Wed when she could see them both.

So...pray for them, ok? I don't know what, if anything, can be done for Fiver's toe. Just pray that it didn't decide to absess, or anything. I worry about that because I know I would've noticed had it been like that before yesterday...so I think it swelled recently. Please pray that nothing's horribly wrong with either of them, ok?

Thanks, guys...

Rosie*

P.S. I haven't had to take anyone to the vet for a year now, so I'm nervous. This isn't even mentioning that I found a lump on Sunny's (the kitty) neck the other day, and her vet isn't open until Monday for me to even be able to call. I've looked at her skin, and it was VERY itchy to her when I did. The skin is perfectly normally colored, not red or dark, and it feels pretty solid, so I think it might be just a bug bite...but still...it should get checked. Pray, guys...I worry for the three poor sweeties with issues right now...

And...if anyone has any suggestions as far as any of the above mentioned things, PLEASE PLEASE chime in and let me know, ok? I could DEFINITELY use some reassurance...:?

Aw, Rosie, sounds like they're in great shape, but so sweet of you to be 'sweating the small stuff'. :kiss:

Always good to be sure.

This post really should be in the Infirmary, though. I'm sure Denise will be comforted knowing that these things are being checked to ward of potentialproblems. If you put it across as you did, it's not going to worry her, and most importantly Denise, and/or other forum members, may have valuable info to add about past history andsimilar experiences.

s :clover:

Yeah, I'll go ahead and do that...and I'll email her to let her know if it's anything serious after the vet appt (if she doesn't see the thread before then). I don't want to worry her if it's nothing...

Hugs...thank you guys so much for the hugs and support...I really needed it...

Rosie*

Latest posts

Back