potty training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterchase

Reaction score
Good Evening, I have to say that my "little" girl is doing pretty good at her litterbox use but for some reason, as soon as she gets up on the couch with me, she just lets itall go, mostly on me. I try and just take her to her box as soon as she jumps up but sometimes, I forget or she gets up when I'm not there. Any idea why she may have chosen this spot on top of her others and any ideas on what I can do? How do you discipline such a sweet animal when just a "NO" doesn't seem to work? Thank You.

Hi The first thing I would do is clean the spot with rubbing Acohol and vinger. That should take the smell out. Of her urine not you.

Then she may be marking because it smells like you she is marking you as hers.

Spaying if she is not already will help fix this problem and it will help with future health problem.

Soak up her urine with a paper towel and put it in her litter box. Would be another thing.

Someone more experienced will come along and help.

Kat:bunnydance:

My bunny does this too but to my bed. Usually I try to catch him as soon as he starts to lift his tail up and either distract him or bring him to his litter box. And when I'm not in the room I just shut the door so he can't get in. Not sure why they do this though- maybe because it's a soft spot and vaguely similar to the litter box? She also might be trying to mark her territory.

Hi, just wanted to Thank You for the cleaning tips! I've heard somany different opinions on spaying rabbits that I wasn't sure it was something I should do,I guess this is another reason to consider it. Thanks Again! Peter

Latest posts

Back