Potty Training help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosebug

Reaction score
I have recently bought joey a new cage, he is using the closed in bedroom area for his toilet yet again. Which upsets me as this would be a lot warmer to sleep in over night, and then i could get him a nice plush or something to sleep on. I thinking i might potty train him and get a corner litter tray but after all these years having him i dont know if he will use it, i also dont know if my cage is big enough or if he does use it will he still not sleep in the bedroom area.

Ideas please guys!

(here is his hutch)
249013_10150833391697093_1251097633_n.jpg

I had a troubling experience potty training a rather large bunny in my house, I learned that no matter what you try sometimes the spot they choose to potty, may always be the spot where they potty lol I hope for yours and his sake someone with better knowledge will give you good tips / ideas!! Good luck!!! :)

I tried to relocate Agnes's "spot" too with no success. I finally realized it's a bigger battle not worth fighting and you probably won't win anyway :) I say just go with the spot he picked!

Good luck :)

Even though the full wooden area is called the 'bedroom', i have never known a bunny to actually sleep in it, bunnies are too nosy so they wan't to watch everything going on so will never actually sleep in the bedroom area.. i don't know why it's actually called that? aha :)
Honestly i think the hutch is far too small, and you should add a large run onto it.. :)

Its a new hutch, he has a massive run in my garden that he goes out in most days (depending on the weather :)) So he only really sleeps in there x

Latest posts

Back