Potty trained peeing on the floor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello
Haru is 3 years old and she isn’t spayed. She always pees in her litter box in my bedroom, which is her room. If she was outside then she sometimes pee on the floor to mark her territory, but NEVER in my room, she only poops on the floor. We don’t have any other pets or guests. And she had peed on the floor twice this week which is unusual. Should I worry? And the smell is strong. The first time I was outside and i saw it when i got home, and today she did it when i was sleeping.
I’m thinking that it could be “protesting” like.. she’s mad that i left her alone for a long time? Because when i pick her up or take her to the vet she gets mad and pees on the floor, so i was thinking that it might be like a punishment for me?
Or that she’s cold? Because it’s really hot here so i left the AC on all the time while i was away.
I’m posting this just to make sure that it isn’t a bigger issue that needs a vet..
Please tell me if there are other signs that I should look for. Everything else is normal. Thank you♥️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Rabbits have been known to protest pee or mark outside of the litter box because something upset them. But if this is the case, things should be back to normal in a day or two, usually.

She doesn't have any signs of having urine soaked fur, thick beige urine, or spots of red in the urine?

Rabbits have been known to protest pee or mark outside of the litter box because something upset them. But if this is the case, things should be back to normal in a day or two, usually.

She doesn't have any signs of having urine soaked fur, thick beige urine, or spots of red in the urine?
No soaked fur, and no thick beige urine, but the blood.. the floor is dark as you can see, and i only find it when it’s already dry and became reddish, so I can’t tell if there are spots or not.

Latest posts

Back