Potty trained...except for my bed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margalitb

Reaction score
Hello,
My 4 month-old Netherlands Dwarf buck is having potty-training issues. He has been living here with me for over a month now, and is completely potty trained. He'll leave a few pellets around his cage now and then, but the vast majority of them make it into the box. He only pees in the box. However, he recently figured out how to jump up on my bed. I have absolutely no problem with this, except that he has decided that it is his secondary litter box. He poops all over it! I don't think he peed on it, but my quilt is in the wash right now anyways. My place is fully carpeted, and he never poops on the couch. He is scheduled to be neutered on December 3rd. Is there anything I can do besides clean it up and wait it out??
:vacuum:

Haha

Is there any particular reason he must have access to your room? Is there where his cage is? Maybe you could move it to the living room and not let him in there until then... :rabbithop

It's an absorbent surface. My Flemish does it on the couch. I lay puppy pads down and a sheet ( that I have to wash daily now) neuter may help, he's marking. If all else fails teach him that the bed is off bounds

Lots of buns just looooove to pee on soft things. If he's just pooping chances are he's marking his newly-discovered territory (which smells strongly of you) and it may decrease, especially if he gets neutered. My general rule of thumb is no bunnies on the bed, although my buns have started to break that rule. Instead of pooping they're chewing on my sheets and I don't have enough time to keep up with sewing them back together.

I had the same problem with my Netherlands Dwarf buck of the same age. Is he showing any other signs of aggression? Oren growls and charges. Is he neutered? It could be that it is just a plushy surface, or it could be a territorial statement. Oren never peed on the couch or anywhere else -- just my bed, because that's where I slept, did homework, etc. It was my turf, and he was marking it for his own.

Latest posts

Back