Pot tying NEXT to litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you seen him do it? Sometimes Timmy gets in the box and then backs up so his butt is hanging over the edge and then pees. I figured it's not really his fault and probably just a sign he needs either a bigger box or one with a higher edge.

I recently had this same problem. She ruined her rug because she just would not go in the box only all around it. I tried elimating the urine smell, putting the urine and fecals in the box and even blocking the area. This did not work for her. I even tried picking her up in the act and placing her in the box.

What I ended up doing is replacing her rugs, rearranging her bedroom and giving her more than one litter box. She uses both boxes and the kennel in the room, she goes once per area and then I have to change the paper. I also moved from litter to newspaper because she loves newspaper. I am not a fan of the newspaper because now she has pee stains and a smelly bum. I am not sure what to do about it.

you could try putting a grid in the box so the bunny never sits in the pee (most people use eggcrate, which is with the lighting diffuser stuff at hardware stores).

I use a bunny resting board that is designed to get them off wire, but it works well on top of litter too. That works great for all of them other than Sophie.

Sophie tends to pee out of the box even standing in it, but she has a big butt (the box is huge, but she still misses). I use a puppy wee pad on top of a rubber backed mat to make cleaning easier. You would think a two foot long box would be big enough. It also has high sides on 3 edges, so it is the one side she goes over on occasion.

Back