Post op surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemisslacie

Reaction score
So my female Lacie was spayed last Wednesday, and her incision looks all healed up and great! Just need the fur to grow in now!
My male Reese isnt getting neutered until September because he is younger so I was wondering if its okay to put them together till then? They were bonded before and their cages are beside eachother so I think they will still be happy to be with one another.
If they get along okay would this be fine to put them together? Should I wait longer since she was just done a week ago?

Any input would be great! :) Thanks!
--Lyss, Lacie & Reese.

I personally think she needs more time to recover. A spay is a big operation so I would say she needs to take it easy for probably a month or so. Normally i tend to say 2-4 weeks because it depends on the bun she is going with, but if she is going back with a hormonal bun then she needs to not be humped so the easiest way to prevent that is to keep them apart.

Not sure how old he is but I wouldn't put them back together full time, just for supervised play because when he is in adolescence he may drive her crazy with his mounting and humping, which can lead to fights (if they were together permanently these would be most likely to occur at dusk and dawn but there would be a significant risk at all times of day).

Once he has been neutered and has healed (and if appropriate, his hormone levels have died down) then you can start to rebond properly and hopefully have them living together again.

Latest posts

Back