Post Nueter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
He had his nueter Jan 7

This is the side that looks ok his left side. This looks fine

SDC10065.jpg

This is the right the dark spot in the picture is a scab. This is the side he got the infection on. No pain I can mess with it and its just a real thik scab is this normal.

SDC10064.jpg

If I need to call the vet I will today. He is not acting any different eating normally with his little fat self:p

Thanks in advance

Look very closely at the scab.
If it is just a scab and there is not anyswelling, puffiness, redness around the scab it is fine. if you do see any swelling or redness best to get a recheck.

it is hard to tell from the pic.

Yep angieluv is right. Also you can put ice packs wrapped in cloth on them for a few minutes each day. For Benjamin, the vet said 15 min twice a day. They look pretty normal to me, although the pic is a bit blurry.

It's hard for me to see, but are you sure it's his scrotum you see? or is it his scent glands and maybe they have crud caked in them?

Yes it is his scrotum. Thats what I looked to make sure cause I have been reading about that.

It is the sam side that he got the infection on orginally right after surgry. So I guess it would heel diferently. I am guessing that is why he got a infection the glue broke open and I did not know it.

Which would be the cause of the bad scab now. The only reason it even bothered me was because his surgry was almost a month ago you would figure scabs would be gone by now.

Its a reall thik scab. The only time I have seen one that thik is on my female dog when she got spayed and it was about a week and a half after surgry. that was over a year and a half ago.

I will watch it cause like I said that is the only difference in the two sides. everything else is the same. the feel the look.

also if you look at the top picture there is a darker spot but its a clean looking that is where the insetion was on the ok side.

if you look at the 2 picture the scab is in the same spot as the already heeled side just its not heeled yet. its the thik brown scab.

You could put some antibiotic ointment on it (like neosporin w/o pain medicine in it) or clean it daily with betadine if you're concerned. We did the betadine for Benjamin because he also may have gotten bitten on the penis by Tony during an unsuccessful conding session...:rollseyes

Poor little guy!

Is it hot? or red anywhere? If not, most likely it's healing. I'd put plain neosporin (without the pain med) on it lightly to soften it.

No redness or shelling.

Just that thik scab. No pain cause when I saw it today while I was checking his butt I was messing with it and he did not even look at me different. Or skorm cause I cut his nails for the first time and I cut one to low holding him in the same way and he wiggled out of my arms.

So no pain for sure. Should I restrict his extercise he has a real big pen now and jumps into his cage or should he be fine. :nerves1

I would still wait on letting him run free. No big jumps until that scab goes away--don't want it to break open. It might be good to put some neosporin on it like BoBB said to soften the scab so it can heal quicker.

Ok so I put the medicine on there tahnk you for that.

Instead of confining him to his cage I just put all his stuff on the floor so he does not need to jump is that ok or should I confine him to his cage.

Thank you he is on no cage rest for about a week it should be heeled then.

I will keep yall updated going to get a pop to drink from the store

The skab is not nearly as thik as it was last night the skab is still there but it seems to be smaller. So hopefully it will heel nice and fall off in the next week. I put more medicine on it this morning. and I will do that 2 times a day tell it goes away.

Video showing vet giving a post-neuter exam.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BwnW5Qe0Pw[/ame]

The vet is in houston is he a rabbit savy vet. He looks to be I wiould drive a hour to know I have a good vet for storm

Ok so when I took storm in for his stuff today I had the vet look at his scab he said it looked like he had broke it open and it was heeling.

If it got red or anything to call or come in. But keep the medicine on it if I feel he needs it and no jumping like everyone else said of course.

Back