Post-Neuter Concern

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbits are very opinionated, some more than others, and I suspect your rabbit is just very angry.

I was just very intentionally sprayed (and sprayed again!) by a little just-neutered rabbit, who was making his feelings very clear.

And I remember cutting Dill's toenail to the quick once and that rabbit didn't talk to me (other than the very expressive bunny 'flick off') for three weeks. (And right after the 'event', he flicked me off, jumped up on the couch, looked at me and tore a big hole in it). :shock:

The neuter site can look bad for a day or two, but unless it's hot, oozing, smelling bad or causing him pain (evidenced by the rabbit being a 'bunny loaf', lethargic, anorexic, etc), I wouldn't be TOO concerned, although always better to play it safe if you can.

sas :clover:

Pipp wrote:
I was just very intentionally sprayed (and sprayed again!) by a little just-neutered rabbit, who was making his feelings very clear.

:laugh:Sounds like you borrowed Gus for awhile!

Really, he's probably just sore and it may take him a little while to come around. I had the same issue with Gus just a couple of weeks ago... You can read about it in the Infirmary section. He also had some swelling which went away after a few days of icing it.

Latest posts

Back