Possibly bonding two males?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roomieboy

Emily Alton
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So i fell in love with the most adorable 8 week old lionhead. I was planning on waiting a year or so to get Romeo a companion but I just happened to come along this bunny and I'm really considering getting him. Both bunnies are males... Romeo is about 6 months now and neutered. The lionhead is 8 weeks, so obviously hasn't been neutered yet, but if I did get him I would get him neutered as well when he's of age. Im just a little nervous about getting another rabbit because I don't know what I'm about to get myself into... How much work is 2 bunnies? I've heard its actually about the same and they are less destructive in pairs because they have each other to keep from getting bored. Please give me your opinions and suggestions!

I have two males that were litter mates so I thought they would get along. They started fighting about a week after I got them. I tried to re-bond them after they were neutered, but they fought again. I think you are taking a chance getting another male rabbit that they might not get along. If you didn't mind keeping them separate if it doesn't work out, then go for it, but if you really want a companion for Romeo, maybe finding him a mate by doing "bunny dating" would be better.

Latest posts

Back