Possible UTI? :-/

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
I quoted this from another thread...

"I feel all worried now that he might have a UTI. Is his pee stinkier or a different color or anything?"

But, as some of you know I posted about Wiggles peeing all over the place and all that. I had thought of a UTI but I thought that it had more to do with the surgery and all that but now I am worried.

It does smell stronger (I mentionned it in the other post) and it's darker, redder. She has chew toys though that have coloring so I didn't worry as it corresponds to when I put the toys in.

But maybe I am overlooking? :?Gosh, I would feel terrible :(I am seeing the vet tomorrow for the kitten so I will mention it.

I haven't seen her strain, though I haven't really been paying too much attention. Gosh I feel crappy now. How stupid of me. I should have checked better when the thought crossed my mind. Other than taking the toys away, is there anything I can do? What should I watch for in particular?

Do you guys have an idea?

:hug:Don't feel stupid, you're a great bunny mom

Now oddly enough I can give some first hand on the UTI business (I've had one running for about 2 months now:X) Straining to pee isn't necesarily one of the symptoms, it's just one that occurs ofter (leaking is another big one which you seem to be having a problem with) if you have problems getting to a vet try and get some not from concentrate cranberry juice - it helps a lot and can even clear out a small UTI without a problem (but the best thing is to visit the vet)

I'm not sure if all the human stuff is the same for the bunnies, but I would assume it's a least a little similar and I know Jim D suggested cranberry juice in another thread for UTIs

:bunnyhug:bunny hugs for wiggles!

another thought: add something yummy to her water so that she'll get more liquids running through. And even if it isn't a UTI, it won't mess her up ;)

I hope we can figure out what it is :?

Thanks for the info. :hug:

She's just been through so much you know :?I really hope it's not it. I'm watching her like a hawk now and she's just staring at me like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!" :p

MsBinky wrote:
I'm watching her like a hawk now and she's just staring at me like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!" :p

She's trying to figure out what is wrong with her slave.... she might need to take action. LOL!

Sorry

It's been a long weekend and I went to sleep at my parent's house yesterday. No change in Wiggles... I haven't seen a vet yet. I will have a urine analysis done just to be sure. I just need tofigure out our finances and see with MrBinky since he is still away.

It probably isn't anything, but it's been bugging me which is why I posted in the first place. I wanted second opinions.

Thanks everyone.:)

Is her pee still darker and reddish? Alot of times it can just be diet. When there is a change incalsium or iron, the pee changes in color. Like high calcium (after giving say Mustard Greens, or those kinds of greens, high in calcium) will produce a whitish urine. It can also be reddish and darker from a certain green or a diet change in general.

Here's hoping it's nothing.:hug:

By the way, I have never dealt with red urine before. When I had BunBun, I unknowingly kept giving him mustard, collard greens and noticed his urine (as he would pee out of his pan sometimes) was a thick, whitish color. Since being on RO, I now know that was why. It would only be that white and thick for a very limited time as well. Then went back to normal;).

No, there has been no diet change except the wood chew... Like I mentionned before, it is tinted so I assumed the last time I got worried and calmed myself down and made myself be more logical, that that was the cause... However, adding the stronger smell and the fact that she is doing it everywhere worries me more now. I'd rather play it safe unless someone could rule it out for me :p

Latest posts

Back