Possible upper respitory infection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itoshiixhito

Reaction score
My poor little Tabi has been sneezing this past 2 weeks or so, and just yesterday I noticed a little white nasal discharge.

There's no eye discharge, and she's eating, drinking, and running around like normal. But I think it's an upper respiratory infection.

Here's the problem. I have absolutely no money to take her to the vets
:(

And my parents flat out said they wouldn't help me, and that Tabi'll be fine.

Now here's my question. Is there certain foods, or anything else, I can give her to help until I can afford a vet visit?

Maybe you can ask your parentsto read this thread

There is absolutely nothing that is going to help this rabbit other than antibiotics and the only way that you can get them is through a vet visit to a rabbit knowledgeable vet.
You rabbit will get progressively worse...

if you are knowledgeable enough to do sq injections you may be able to purchase bicillin from a farm store and give subqutaeous injections every other day but this does take learning the technique.

Maybe you could tell your parents that you will do some odd jobs during the summer like pet sitting and dog walking etc or doing lawns, baby sitting and pay them back the money.

or many vets will let you work out a payment plan

A pet is a living creature and getting one also requires the responsibility of caring for it humanely.

Usually adults want to teach that kind of responsiblity to their children

Unfortunately angieluv is right- antibiotics are the thing he needs right now, and you'll need to go to a vet to get them.

The only thing you can do is wipe the nasal discharge away a few times a day, but that's not going to help the infection at all- just make him a little more comfortable.

I hope your parents change their mind (perhaps after reading this thread, as angieluv suggested), because just on the principle of not helping you out, they will be causing this poor rabbit to suffer :(

Jen

Latest posts

Back