possible rabbit injury

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldinal

Reaction score
I was cleaning out my rabbit room and had the vacuum out its a dyson and the extender wand with trust was up but still attached to the vacuum. i was grabbing their blankets to throw them in the wash when i bumped the vacuum and it fell over. the end of the extender wand with the brush landed on my 3 month old little girl. She scampered away looking a bit uneasy on her feet. I have been monitoring her for about an hour and she is moving around great now and eating and drinking. I am worried about the initial reaction but I suppose she is just stunned. Now that she is acting normal should i still take her to the vet? Or do you think she will be fine? I feel horrible!!!!! THANKS!!

how heavy would you say the brush was and where did it hit her? a vet check is never a bad idea, but chances are she was just scared/shaken initially and is unharmed, since she's eating/pooping/moving normally.

The top piece its self is not heavy but it did have the force to the whole vacuum with it. it hit her in her side i believe. I turned around and just caught a glimpse of where it hit her and her scurry off. Im just worried. but ya think as long as she isn't showing any other signs of trauma that I am ok to keep monitoring her?

if it got her side rather than landing right on the spine, odds are good she's ok... you might gently poke at the area where it hit to make sure that doesn't really bother her. keep a close eye on her... if she's still pooping/peeing/eating/drinking/moving normally by tomorrow, I think she'll be in the clear.

Latest posts

Back