Possible Problem...Solution? Help? Please! lol...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I feel pretty bad for myself too...lol.

My only problem with the 50% off spay is if they are willing to cover mistakes until they are noticed...what would happen if there was a problem during the spay? I am hoping for no babies out of this. Cross your fingers for me.

Missy wrote:
That is what I said. The vet office agreed to help rehome the babies if any are produced and take 50% off the cost of having her spayed. They apologized for the mix up. I am more angry about the not telling me about the problem than I am about anything else. The vet assistant(cage cleaner) was/is new. I have made mistakes before, I understand. However, as I said, why not just tell me? What if it was a very expensive show rabbit and not just a pet? What if a serious injury would have occured? Grrrr. I guess I will have to wait and see. Counting back the days, the babies would be born Monday I think.
I agree, they really should've said something since I would expect people working for a vet to know that male bunnies are still fertile for a while after they've been neutered (I shouldn't know more than the "experts", after all).

she may not be having back-to-back litters where she'd have to nurse both at once, but it's still hard on her body to be pregnant while still nursing and to have to go through nursing all over again without some downtime. if they'd told you right away, an emergency spay to prevent the unwanted litter might've been an option (not sure w/rabbits, but I know cats can be spayed even if they're still nursing a litter).

Well, unless I am completely off, there are no babies as of today. Hurray!! She has pulled some hair, or she is shedding. Not sure, her belly is fully furred for once though. I am thinking that she is not pregnant. All of the babies are gone(Accept Chloe-who lives in the house) and Baloo has been neutered for a month and a week so I think it is safe to say that the baby bunny extravaganza is over. Breeding is best left to the professionals. I will stick with my goats and beagles for the time being. My advice to new bunny owners is to always always always confirm sex if you are bringing another bunny into a house where one unaltered bunny already lives. Or to make it easier, have the first one fixed first. Baby bunnies are adorable, fun little critters. I had no problems at all rehoming the rest of the litter. I charged 5.00 for each of them, which in turn bought a months supply of rabbit pellets. So I didn't end up in the negative. But some people are not that lucky. I can't help noticing that 2 people in my area that raise rabbits(one has New Zealands, the other has dwarfs and Lionheads) both still have litters available with kits born the same time as me. They are better quality(not neccessarily better health though) and are from show stock. They are charging anywhere from 15.00-50.00 each for their babies. With mine being so cheap, I feel as though I may have taken a sale from them which stinks. At least I know mine went to good homes though.

Latest posts

Back