Possible Pregnancy ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while, and didn't have enough time to look over everyones extremely good looking rabbits.

Some of you might remember me, but I have a 6 month old female, calledMiaand a 5 month male, called Neo.

When I was in school, my mom let the buns run out to play in theirroom, she didn't know that they could of got into a fight or mate. Theywere out playing for about 10 min my mother told me.

Which occurredMay 8, I remembered just in case they reallydid mate. 2 weeks after, she has being eating a lot, Mia is still veryterritorial. I tried palpating her, but I have no clue, I couldn't feelanything except for just here stomach, is there any other ways I cancheck to see if she is pregnant, and if she is, thats ok because Ialready have 5 friends that want rabbits, and I want to keep about 2-4ofthem.THANKS!

Hello Paulo!

If the bunnies mated on the 8th of Aprilthen the babies would have been due the 9th of May, and it is alreadythe 21th of May. It is good that she isnt pregnant, she is too youngand there could have been problems.

The only other way that I know of is to have a vet check to see if she is pregnant.

Also what type of bunny do you have? Dwarfsized bunnies dont have very large litters. They usually have between 2and 5 babies.

~Amy

The easiest way to tell if she is pregnant is towait until June 3 or 4. Then gently put your hands on theside of her tummy and if she is pregnant you should feel the babieskick. Also, she will have a hard stomach and will feel verylarge in this area. If you still are not sure, put a nest boxin anyway. Never can be too safe. She should startto pull fur around June 8 if she is pregnant. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back