possible injury

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
I was holding flopsy and he forcefuly jumped frommy arms I tried to hold him but couldn't, he landed on his side and hadtrouble getting up again but managed! now he's in his cage grinding histeeth, i think he's really hurt and im worried ! I feel soawful and stupid! should I take him to the vet to check for any brokenbones??

I will leave it to the experts to tell you whatmay have gone wrong, but if he is grinding his teeth and looks to be inpain I would say take him to the vet ASAP.

~Nichole

yep.. head to the vet.. even when my bun mr licksbroke his leg the only sign we could really notice was the grindingteeth :( poor little guy's brow was even furrowed.. butotherwise he would eat etc just like normal..

I can only take him on monday, we don't have anyanimal clinics open on weekends ! I wonder if I should give him anypain killers ( baby tylenol) until then??

Don't they have an emergency number? I mean, people have emergencies!

Yes they do have an emergency number, but I don'tknow if the vet will actually see him !? he may just give me advice,but i'll try the number and see if he can do something for me!

I would definatly take her to the vet because shecould have a broken back or neck. Take her as soon as you can...ithappened with one of my bunnies and she had to be put to sleep. GoodLuck!

Well we just came back from the vet's office,thank god he saw us !!!!! and good news no broken bones!!! the vet saidhe was very lucky because he didn't fall very far and he landed on asoft surface which probably saved him!

Oh, I'm glad he saw you! What did he think about the teeth grinding? he was just bruised or something?

Glad to hear that it's nothing serious! Unfortunately, rabbits don't fall well :(

For future reference, you can use baby aspirin orMotrin(Ibuprofen)for pain, but not Tylenol(Acetaminophen).

Pam

Poor guy! Bo will try to jump down whenwe take him to his cage. It drives me crazy cause it'shardwood floor in that room. We set him outside his cage andlet him hop in, but he has to try to get out of our arms everytime! :(

I know, I really hate when they try to get looseand then they actually do and u can't control the outcome but u know itwon't be good !!! Iam so relieved that he hasn't brokenanything!!!

The same thing happened to us with my bunnySapphy, except he landed on his face. He was grinding; when we took himto the vet he had broken his top teeth and they had gone through hisbottom lip. Poor thing was bruised and not well at all for a couple ofdays....accidents like that can be really horrible, especially ifyou've got a 'jumper.' Sapphy would never sit in your arms - he'd jumpoff your shoulder no matter how high you were.

Just keep an eye on him and give him extra treats!

Linz

I'm so glad it was nothing serious. It is reallyhard isn't it when they do that. Daisy ingured herself a couple ofweeks ago. Ryan caught her to put her back in her cage after cleaningit and she kicked so hard she scratched her right foot with her leftclaw and gashed herself. I'm really scared to death of picking her upas I'm scared she will really injure herself on day. I really wish Iknew what to do so she didn't panic so much.

Vickie

Latest posts

Back