Possible gas bubble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
Ok so I went to give everyone there pellets tonight and Charger usually runs around the cage and "charges" me, well today when i was putting them in he didnt do that. What i did notice is that he is stretching, and laying down, so i am guessing gas. I put in some pumpkin and he did lick at it a few times and that is it. Something new , well not new but he doesnt get it often, was Parsley cold that cause him to be gassy?

As of this morning he was eating normally.

Charger is a nuetered male, he is 2 years old, he eats Oxbow pellets at bedtime, fresh romaine lettuce normally in the morning , everyday. I havent noticed any lethargy, or change in behaviour.

I had him out and followed him around the house to keep him moving and massaged his belly, put pumpkin in his cage and his pellets are in there. So now what do i do?

I'm not sure how you would give Gas-X tablets. It's easiest (for me) to just use baby gas meds since they are a liquid. If you use baby gas meds, you give 1 mL.

Gentle tummy rubs or vibrations are very helpful. Rub in a circular motion from under the ribs down towards the tail. Or sacrifice a vibrating toothbrush to a furry cause. Just hold it gently against his tummy. He may press into it.

Well he just spent 45 mins to an hour on and off a heating pad and me rubbing his tummy, i just put him back in his cage and if he still isnt doing fine tomorrow i will get the liquid gas medicine. I hope he starts feeling better, i did hear gurgling in his belly so i am hoping the belly rubs help him :( It is sad that the only time he wont eat me when i go in his cage is when he is sick,lol

he really needs the gas medication tonight. You would be surprised how fast it works ..

could be big problems tomorrow without it

if you cannot get out of the house to get the liquid baby gas X thencheck the strength of the gas x tablets and make sure that it contains simethicone as the only active ingredient

Extra strength gas x has 125 mg per tab (check the box to see if this is what you have) so it would be OK to give 1/4 tablet dissolved for 2 doses 1 hr apart and actually 3 doses ( 1/4th tab) won't hurt.

Can you breakthe tablet in 4 pieces and crush/dissove 1/4th tab in a tiny amount of water or juice and syringe it to your rabbit?

yes the active ingredient , and only active ingredient is Simethicone, and it is 125 mg

I will break it up and try to syrnge it to him tonight

well they do crush up easily and it did disolve good, he had one dose and i am getting ready to do another,i still here the bubbling in his belly

ok i got two doses in him. Is it still a good sign if he is pooping? I cleaned out his litter pan and picked up all stray poo's and put fresh hay, and litter in and he is pooping and peeing, he even left me 7 lil poo's on my blanket,lol.

Thank you everyone, he is back to NORMAL !!!!!!!!! He had two doses of Gas X, and he spent alot of time in bed with me,lol. We did some tummy rubs, heating pad, and cuddling, he thanked me by leaving some pellets in my bed but i was ok with that,lol. Woke up this morning and the pumpkin, apple slices and the pellets were all gone, and when i went to put in his lettuce he ran around the cage and grunted when i put the lettuce in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which make me happy,lol. I will be getting some baby gas meds, but it is good to know that i can use Gas X and the dosage.

i use the Gas X cherry tablets...i norm give 1/4 of a tablet ,,ive given half a tablet before also..i dont get the baby gas meds cuz i find it harder to get the liquid into them ....and its more money for less product..i just get generic Gas X from Walmart...works everytime...im so glad ur buns doin ok now!...

Brandy his name was the perfect fit when we were naming him, my oldest son named him and as soon as he said it i said its perfect for him,lol

Latest posts

Back