Possible be allergic to one particular rabbit????????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondiesmommie

Reaction score
Please help, I prey this isn't it! It has been very rainy out and allergy season is here! But I've had a new rabbit in the house for two days, I was just going to bring her to the vet tommorow bc I believe she's I'll, we'll my boyfriend is sneezing, head stuffy, tickle in throat, itchy in ears , is it possible he's having such severe allergic reaction to this one new rabbit????? (she's a English lop, and not long hair like others we've had!)

Someone once posted that young bunnies may be more likely than older ones to cause allergies, so the situation might get better. However, the reason was that young bunnies don't have as much hair, so more exposed skin. Given your new one will never have as much hair as your others, I don't know.

I had severe allergies to my new rabbit Peanut and not to my other ones.

The reason being that I brought Peanut home at six weeks old and her hair wasn't as dense and filled in as my other ones ( which I brought home after they were eight weeks old).

After two weeks of owning Peanut, ALL MY ALLERGIES went away.

Rabbits are born hairless and as they grow, their hair grows thicker and more dense. Therefore less and less rabbit dander falls off them.

Rabbits are born hairless and grow more hair pictures
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=72538&forum_id=1

My thread about my sever allergies. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=70856&forum_id=1

Allergies suck.

I have severe rabbit allergies but, I too, react to different bunnies differently. For me, it is the opposite, I react more when they are older because of the hormones and urine tends to smell more etc. It's possible that having two rabbits rather than 1 is affecting him as well. Perhaps, once his system gets used to the new rabbit, he will build up immunity. It can go the other way as well, so time will tell. If you do not have an air purifier, I would recommend you get one. It helps me a lot and if that can help him avoid having to take medication, all the better. :)

Well, she's not in great health, she's thin, and making an appt to get her in the vet, soaybe that's why bc her hair probably isn't like it should be :( well good new he says he's been this way all day at work lol and all the guys too, so must be seasonal, I pray!!!! And she's almost 2, a English lop

It has been a bad season for allergies in general, and if she's not healthy, she could be shedding more dander than she normally would. Once your histamine level is up, like his obviously is right now, any little thing can set it off, even stuff you normally wouldn't react to. Make sure he washes his hands after petting the new bunny, before he touches his face or anything, just in case!

Latest posts

Back